8KX shipping progress is missing from this weeks update

So there’s a huge amount of backer plan detail and a repeat of the ET install guide in this weeks update but nothing on 8KX shipping progress.

Are shipments on track?

What volumes are being produced at the moment?

When do you plan on starting upgrade and pre-order shipments?

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

16 Likes

33 posts were split to a new topic: Grumbling about shipping delays and omitted info from the Weekly Update

It’s hard to see how Pimax can get all 8KXs out to backers this month like they promised.

They would have to ship them all out today as it takes at least a week for delivery.

7 Likes

Maybe my HP Reverb G2 is faster with me, than my long-payed 8KX! :grimacing: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Hello,

We are preparing another update only for the 8KX shipment and production.
We are not hiding any secrets, we need to get precise information from the manufacturer and logistic, to ensure the ETA shipment for our backers, upgrades, pre-orders and others.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

23 Likes

@PimaxQuorra thanks for letting us know but that first sentence at the bottom of the update would have gone a long way!

“We are preparing another update only for the 8KX shipment and production.”

9 Likes

Will this update come today?

4 Likes

Thanks @PimaxQuorra has batch 3 started shipping

4 Likes

I think we all like the sound of that…

4 Likes

If there are any more delays I think I will start considering canceling my order . I really don’t feel like going through all drama I did when I was trying to get my Plan F upgrade delivered.

6 Likes

Probably next week :crazy_face:

@PimaxQuorra is there any update on shipping progress please?
(obviously its 10pm in China now, so not till next week)

3 Likes

The informal sheet

counts 11 8KX received, 4 more having received a ship date, out of 90 backers that ever listed themselves, out of 383 Pimax claims eligible. That’s 1 in 6. If that ratio was representative of the general case, that’d be 64 units shipped - less than 20%.

Pimax claims start of shipping June 30, and supposedly handed 76 shipments to carrier before Pimax realized that they still do not know how to ship internationally, and held all shipments. One would hope that at least those 76 made it out by now.

OTOH if it were only the 75-odd backers in the sheet whose 8KX have yet to ship, and everybody else is happy, Pimax would have only 20% of deliveries left to go for the last week of July. They might even make it.

For a sample size of one, I still have not received a single piece of hardware from Pimax since backing in 2017.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have bought the eye tracker if I had known that 8KX production was stalled.

2 Likes

@PimaxQuorra: When do we get an update? 2020 or later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

giphy-downsized-large

13 Likes

An update this week please? thanks

7 Likes

I’ve just received my fedex notification for eye tracking, I’m very happy with pimaxs recent improvements on everything.

2 Likes

Is there an update planned on the preparation of the update for the 8KX shipment and production?

5 Likes

I’ve taken the liberty of splitting off some off-topic discussion into a new thread…

. Grumbling about the Weekly Update (split from original thread)

Here’s an important tidbit from that thread, which is relevant to the OG post…

4 Likes