For the third time, my 8kx has ‘bricked’ on me. I have no idea what’s causing this, but while the symptoms are the same as before,( A flashing green light and diagnosis 10600 in pitools), this time I seem to be unable to bring it back to service.
Here’s what I’ve tried:
- resetting the HMD through Pitools.
- reinstalling firmware using DFU.exe in the pimax runtime folder. This seems to work, the files ‘burn’ ok, but the HMD does not work and the flashing green light remains on.
- disconnecting and reconnecting the usb cables and display port connectors in different ports.
- switching cables (to fibre optic and back again!) and going through steps 1-3 again.
- Doing a manual upgrade using the command line interface.
- Changing cables and doing the command line interface again.
- Powering down the computer completely (unplugging the power cable after shutdown) and doing steps 3 and 4 again.
I am at a loss as to what to try next. I love the 8KX. I can’t do flight sims on the flat screen anymore. I need to fix this asap!
I’m going to file a ticket on this… for the third time. I think there is something wrong with the hardware, either on my computer or in the 8KX. Either way, I’m going to need all the help I can get!
Any ideas anyone?