Aimed area effects don’t work on Pimax 5k+

Hi,

I have a strange issue where when I cast my RuneMage special, or use the level 1 aimed AE spell (forgot the name), they don’t work on Pimax. I didn’t find anything searching, so I figured I’d post here and see if anyone has any ideas on how to address this.

To be clear, by “they don’t work” I mean that while the spell triggers (using the triggers for the special, or drawing the rune for the level 1 AE) “work” and the animation plays, mobs don’t take damage.

This isn’t necessarily new, but I didn’t play seriously after I received the Pimax in early 2019 (I used to before the relaunch on my old Vive, and of course they worked fine), and only started recently when some friends joined the game. I probably noticed it for the first time in Dec.

In case it matters, I’m using Index Controllers.

Thanks!

1 Like

Have you searched to see if others are recently experiencing this on non pimax headsets with index controllers?

1 Like

I’m not sure if this applies to your situation or not, but I’ve read of issues with games being designed for a particular controller. When a different controller is used, the assumed angle offset is wrong (the controller is pointing in a similar, but incorrect direction).

2 Likes

Will get someone to assist you, thanks.

2 Likes

Hello MagiJedi,

Before switching to Index Controllers, are you playing this with Vive wands?
It seems there might be the issue between the game with the controllers.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Is the aim based on where you are looking or where you are pointing?

If its look base the wide FOV might be causing issues, for example in Elite if im looking straight at something and take a screenshot both the eye views will be wrong, to get a good screenshot i have to close one eye and “frame” the shot with the other due to how the wider FOV is handled.

Give “centering” your target within the FOV of one eye and then the other and then casting to see if that might be it, it wouldnt fix the issue but might let you figure out what it is and let pimax know what to try and fix.

2 Likes

Yeah. One person on their forums said theirs works fine with pimax.

1 Like

I thought about this, but the animation plays properly and I’ve tried point blank with no luck.

2 Likes

I don’t use them at all anymore - only index controllers.

1 Like

It’s based on controller orientation, so that’s probably not it. But I’ve seen plenty of interesting hints in replies, so I’ll need around later and maybe record a clip.

2 Likes

I mean the game with the controllers.

Sorry I wasn’t clear - I meant pimax + index controllers. Thanks!

1 Like