Any extra fees shipping 8KX to a US address?

Hi all

I ordered my Pimax Vision 8KX on Friday after loving it at CES- was wondering, do they ship from China or from within a warehouse within the US when shipping to US addresses and if shipping from China, are there any expected customs or import added fees for something of that cost when shipping from China to the USA (California)? I’ve ordered many things from China in the past and only one item ended up having fees to pay- I hope this doesn’t… Thanks

@PimaxQuorra

3 Likes

There should be no fees beside tax and shipping. It ships to a us warehouse.

So basically there are extra fees then to expect…? Looking at around at least around a further 10% of the total paid if paying taxes if that’s true… I’ve had things shipped direct from China recently (like my insta360 Evo 360°/180° 3D camera) to me without any further sales or import taxes, so personally I’m hoping for the same with my 8KX… on purchasing my 8KX there was no mention of shipping costs but one would hope and expect with the high price tag the shipping at the very least would be free…

Hello theSelf,

The 8KX will first ship to the warehouse within the US, the local courier will come and collect the unit, and deliver to your doorplace. So there aren’t additional fees beside tax and shipping.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

7 Likes

Hi @PimaxQuorra

How about deliveries of 8kX in the EU, where will they be delivered from ?

/MrAhlefeld

6 Likes

Hello MrAhlefeld,

The 8KX will delivered from China first then to the Amazon warehouse. Some of the units are directly to the doorplace.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Thanks for answering.
I should rephrase my question to be more specific, so here goes.

Will the delivery of the 8kX to backers and backer_upgraders be delivered from the Amazon warehouse within the EU or will they be delivered directly from China to the doorstep of said backers and backer_upgraders.

The US backers and upgraders seem to have a advantage that EU customers don’t have, judging from your reply to @theSelf
Please clarify :grinning:

4 Likes

theres going to be many angry europeans if we have to pay 20-25% more at the end, also i hope its only tax for the upgradeprice + shipping and not the normal 1300$ 8kx price

3 Likes

Hello MrAhlefeld,

Indeed, some of the units will be delivered from the warehouse and some of it will be directly shipped from China to the doorstep.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

I would like to have mine delivered from the EU warehouse then, don’t mind waiting :+1:

1 Like

So for 8K+ o 8KX if Im going to make a new order, I Will get them in Italy EU without any extra fee?
999$ for 8k+ and 1.300$ for 8kx, doesn’t It?

3 Likes

@PimaxQuorra Thank you for your reply, can EU/UK customers specify how they’d like the delivery of 8KX to be made (directly or via EU warehouse)?

Hello Asonkin65,

Our shipment will mostly via EU warehouse(Amazon), expect for Switzerland and Norway users.

But it might depends on the logistic/demands. Some users might require to ship directly from China.

Hope this answer is good to you.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Please understand that we’d really like to know before ordering as the difference in price can be quite high if shipped directly from China due to import tax compared to shipping from EU warehouse.

I would definitely rather wait than having to pay Danish VAT (25%) and import tax + fees on top of that.

3 Likes

I would also rather wait instead of having to pay another 200$ for import tax… that would be quite… hard on the wallet, lets keep it that way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@PimaxQuorra
Thank you for the answers! I would also ask Pimax to ship my 8KX order via EU warehouse.

If I’ll add comment to my 8KX order about shipping via EU warehouse, will it be enough or I need to raise a support ticket about that?

4 Likes

What does this mean, that to receive Pimax from EU warehouses we can only buy via Amazon? If so, is there the problem that Amazon raises prices or will you make that prices are the same on Amazon and on your web site?

Others have previously mentioned that they received RMA units from an Amazon warehouse, so I guess You can use their warehouses (as a company that has a deal with them) even without selling exclusively through Amazon.

I.e. it seems You can tell them to ship a product to a customer without the customer having bought the product on Amazon.

2 Likes

Yeah but no… I have an ongoing RMA, where I have to send my 5K+ to France but the new 5K+ will be sent from China. So although what you write would be the best for the EU customers, alas it seems to not be possible :confused: or Pimax just wants to send my replacement from China ?

2 Likes

or they haven’t got stock in France yet?

2 Likes