Anyone using 5K XR rather than 5k +?

Hello, need some advice. I have a 5k+ and I really miss the very black you can achieve with OLED screens. Is the 5k XR worth the money even though i have a 5k+? I know the image won’t be as sharp but is it really that bad? Is the ghosting and smear bad (if there still is any).

Thanks in advance!

I am using the XR. Nope. Is worse on the Samsung Headsets. Also Pimax gives the Option of different levels of Black. The Oled Pimax is pretty good.

2 Likes

Hello Zoyer,

Actually it will depends on your desire. You are going for better black level / better image?
It about your choices as you certainly knew XR is focusing on the black level,especially on ED game.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

When getting my Pimax, I opted for the 5K XR because all other headset I had have moved onto LCD panels. The XR has replaced the Index as my daily driver because I never realised how much I miss those blacks and colour pop offered by the OLED displays.

But as @PimaxQuorra said, it is all really down to personal choice of what you are looking for from your displays. Personally, I have been really impressed with my XR and what the displays offers - hence it becoming my daily driver.

1 Like

I am using the Pimax Xr and its beautiful. Only bad thing is the sde effect . Its as bad as on the oculus cv1, so not bad at all :smiley:

Thanks all, i think i get a XR one as well. But does anyone know if the Amazon UK XR headsets are restocked or if they are the old model? I hear that the newer versions of 5k+ are less prone to be cracking. Should i rather order from Pimax website to be sure to maybe get a newer version?

I ordered one! Let’s see if i am lucky and get a good one or not :slight_smile: Btw @PimaxQuorra You guys probably want to change the description of the Oled version here on amazon. It says OLED but after it says 2 LCD screens :smiley: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07S9X3JH2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Tell us here how you like it ! The game " A tech cybernetic" benefits so much of the Pimax Xr , you will be ( positively ) blown away playing with different black levels in the pi tool :slight_smile:

Yeah i can imagine it does, I’ve been annoyed about the black levels when playing that game so i can imagine the XR will do the trick :slight_smile:

Hello Zoyer,

Thank you so much! We will go to edit the description right now.

You are a Good Samaritan! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

I didn’t think of trying that with having the blacks back. Will have to reinstall it and jump back into it.