Beta 0.37 Restart + Reboot PC/Windows + more. Let me know how it works!

The dropdowns are FINALLY fixed and not glitching anymore (showing outside of canvas and extended in wrong direction). This was really a painful bug but I finally nailed it heh…
But most importantly, I have added some requested features in this version, check the release notes and let me know how it works for you!

Beta v0.37 Release Notes:

1. Bottom Bar New Features: The bottom bar has now a couple of new icons/buttons:
Clicking on Restart / Quit: Fades in a popup bottom-bar below with options:

• Reload App = Reloads PE app (Unity reload scene). Works same as old Restart button
  • Restart App = Runs a batch that quits PVRHome AND restarts PiService so PVRHome can be restarted again after a short delay. Once PVRHome is started with PiTool, there is no other way to fully restart PVRHome. Thats why this function simply restarts PiService, so PVRHome also gets restarted.
  • Quit App = Quits PE. Works the same as Quit button did before
  • Reboot PC = Force immediate Windows reboot (with confirmation popup prompt window with OK button to confirm). PiTool process is killed seperately to avoid PiTool preventing WIndows from rebooting.

2. Important BugFix: DropDown menus extdended in wrong direction and sometimes rendered outside of the main window/canvas. This is now adressed and all dropdown menus should render correctly and inside the main window/canvas.

3. Game Launcher Fix: Shortened the delay before PE quits after starting a SteamVR/Revive/VivePort game to 0.5 seconds, to hopefully prevent SteamVR errors when SteamVR launches too fast and PE is not yet terminated (blocks rendering).

4. Added Recenter-button next to Move-UI button (top banner) that works both with VR controllers and Hands. (The Move UI button is till not working with Hand Tracking hands, but will be fixed later…)

5. Misc: Added “Game Manager” button in bottom view, to quick-jump into listing/editing/deleting games

6. Misc: Added fade-in and fade-out effect on left/right panels/windows when they are shown or hidden, just like the bottom Quit-menu.

7 Likes

All working fine but… can you add a shutdown button . for me is useful because i don’t have a monitor.
Regards!!!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Sure, I can do that!

3 Likes

thanks a lot @SweViver

1 Like

This did not work for me. Using hand tracking (LeapMotion v1.0). I got the dialog, but nothing happened on the computer end of it. Win10 Pro.

1 Like

Hmm… Which part? Restart or Reboot?

The restart should work either way.
Reboot might conflict with Windows UAC i guess. Its basically force rebooting /r /t /f and also kills PiTool manually right before. If reboot is not possible (if rights exception occurs), it starts up PiTool again so PiTool communication can continue.

The reboot works on all my 3 pcs, but I have low/none UAC activated.

1 Like

Reboot. I don’t think it’s killing my Pitool, either. More testing soon. I’ll try to remember to look at the log file, too.

2 Likes

If PiTool isn’t set to start with Windows and “minimize to tray” isn’t enabled either, Windows won’t reboot/shutdown without You confirming to shut it down. Might that be it?

Hmm that shouldn’t be the case. Im forcing Pitool process to be killed right before windows reboot is called.

1 Like

Missed that part… :+1::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Confirmed: no boot action, no kill Pitool. Log output:

2020-09-19 06:23:41:681 :[Debug] System Reboot Confirmation: Are you sure you want to instantly reboot Windows?
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

2020-09-19 06:23:44:248 :[Debug] System Reboot In Progress: Reboot confirmed, now attempting to reboot system (restart Windows)…
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

InvalidOperationException: Process has exited or is inaccessible, so the requested information is not available.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_ProcessName () [0x0002d] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.get_ProcessName()
at RebootSystem+<>c.b__5_0 (System.Diagnostics.Process pr) [0x00000] in <0e905fd9fd48440083982915ad0dd81d>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereArrayIterator1[TSource].MoveNext () [0x0002c] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 at RebootSystem.RebootSystemNow () [0x00079] in <0e905fd9fd48440083982915ad0dd81d>:0 at RebootSystem.<RebootSystemConfirmation>b__4_0 () [0x00000] in <0e905fd9fd48440083982915ad0dd81d>:0 at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00010] in <73b499366e5241bda47e5da76897738b>:0 at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00022] in <73b499366e5241bda47e5da76897738b>:0 at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x0001c] in <df5ec9a8404e40f19f9ea1be19943033>:0 at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00009] in <df5ec9a8404e40f19f9ea1be19943033>:0 at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00007] in <df5ec9a8404e40f19f9ea1be19943033>:0 at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction1[T1] functor) [0x00063] in :0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
Leap.Unity.InputModule.LeapInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename: Line: 0)

1 Like

Wait, it looks like its halting on the kill-PiTool function.

Was PiTool really running?

And did you maybe run PiTool as administrator? I dont think it will work in that case.

1 Like

As I’m the only user, I am the administrator (I built it). In addition, I’m using Win10 Pro, do you think that would make a difference? And yes, PiTool was running. I keep the screen up on one of my monitors.
Personally, I’m not concerned with this one, but I’m happy to help if you’d like. Let me know if you want me to try something…

1 Like