The dropdowns are FINALLY fixed and not glitching anymore (showing outside of canvas and extended in wrong direction). This was really a painful bug but I finally nailed it heh…
But most importantly, I have added some requested features in this version, check the release notes and let me know how it works for you!
Beta v0.37 Release Notes:
1. Bottom Bar New Features: The bottom bar has now a couple of new icons/buttons:
Clicking on Restart / Quit: Fades in a popup bottom-bar below with options:
- Reload App = Reloads PE app (Unity reload scene). Works same as old Restart button
- Restart App = Runs a batch that quits PVRHome AND restarts PiService so PVRHome can be restarted again after a short delay. Once PVRHome is started with PiTool, there is no other way to fully restart PVRHome. Thats why this function simply restarts PiService, so PVRHome also gets restarted.
- Quit App = Quits PE. Works the same as Quit button did before
- Reboot PC = Force immediate Windows reboot (with confirmation popup prompt window with OK button to confirm). PiTool process is killed seperately to avoid PiTool preventing WIndows from rebooting.
2. Important BugFix: DropDown menus extdended in wrong direction and sometimes rendered outside of the main window/canvas. This is now adressed and all dropdown menus should render correctly and inside the main window/canvas.
3. Game Launcher Fix: Shortened the delay before PE quits after starting a SteamVR/Revive/VivePort game to 0.5 seconds, to hopefully prevent SteamVR errors when SteamVR launches too fast and PE is not yet terminated (blocks rendering).
4. Added Recenter-button next to Move-UI button (top banner) that works both with VR controllers and Hands. (The Move UI button is till not working with Hand Tracking hands, but will be fixed later…)
5. Misc: Added “Game Manager” button in bottom view, to quick-jump into listing/editing/deleting games
6. Misc: Added fade-in and fade-out effect on left/right panels/windows when they are shown or hidden, just like the bottom Quit-menu.