I tried to get the combination running one afternoon but no luck, and haven’t revisited. I have no prior VorpX experience.
I can see others posting recent YT videos and guides, including with Pimax settings, so it is definitely possible.
Example YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTuns7dYTqNpsVwXY09Qneg/videos
As guide suggested, combination of VorpX, OpenTrack, SteamVR, Star Citizen.
- Custom resolutions - configured and set as suggested
- VorpX - configured and running as suggested
- OpenTrack - configured and working on internal OT test (for games such as Arma 3 and Star Citizen that support TrackIR but not VR, they can be fooled into accepting a VR headset)
- SteamVR - config set to Auto defaults and PiTool to 1
- Star Citizen - launched from SteamVR (I tried both launcher and main game exes)
- Star Citizen loads on monitor and gets to main menu, but nothing appears on headset apart from a few ‘grey flashes’, remains in SteamVR home
- Star Citizen crashes on monitor after clicking on launcher, still no result in headset
Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated, can provide any further details necessary. I have definitely missed something as this is demonstrably workable in general