For Skyrim VR then StarVR One is the way to go if large FOV is desired!

So, I have tried Skyrim on different headsets, including the Pimax XR. Skyrim never looked that great on. it. It really opens up that world Bigly!

Those have have read my thread and others, Mura has been an issue. Well, no Mura on Skyrim on my end. I am not and avid player perse, but if you have the headset, then give it a try, even with me not having the right IPD, does look very good.

7 Likes

Gotta say in my 8KX prototype with around 80 mods installed Skyrim looks AMAZING! []-)

5 Likes

It will certainly look a lot sharper on the 8KX. The FOV of the StarVR is better. But I am sure it will look terrific once I get my unit

2 Likes

Yep… I really wanna try the StarVR but I am spoiled to the 4K resolution now… When you see it in the 8KX I’d be curious to get your impressions and I think that’s gonna be really soon for the many here who have been very patiently waiting and believe me when I say it will be worth it! []-)

4 Likes

I’d imagine Reverb quality with higher FOV. The G1 Reverb did suffer from Mura and bad optics. G2 technically will look sharper than the 8kX, but my guess is, just marginally. When adding the increased FOV, then it seem obvious that the 8KX is the better option. However, I’d like to hear another review from Sebastian as he had problems with his early unit

Nope… totally blows Reverb G1 out of the water… I have both! Not sure about Sebastians unit… I think it still comes down to face shape/size and eye to lens distance. For me I never really saw distortions on my 5K+ either but seeing that I have been playing around with VR headsets for over 20 years now my brain might just tune it out… so IDK if it will be the same for most others but when Pimax flew me to CES to help them in the booth, this is a question I asked of almost everyone who demo’d the 8KX and surprisingly only a small hand full said they could see distortions, Mura or SDE.

5 Likes

I’m actually curious if someone got paid off and I’ll find out who once I get my own X. @vrgamerdude, @mirage335 and @mixedrealityTV seem to have differing opinions.

Like I said, the reverb suffers from Mura and bad optics. You will see I may be correct when G2 comes out. If I am incorrect, cool since I purchased the 8kX. But Im pretty confident

What is your IPD?

1 Like

I honestly don’t know, since opinions vary.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s something You get used to as I only noticed the distortion (slightly) on my 5K+ after not using it for a while… :wink:

3 Likes

Yes in the Reverb G1 I do see this stuff just not in my 8KX… and my IPD is 65.8.

Yep… It is amazing what you can train your brain to tune out! []-)

1 Like

No pay off for me… I make very little if any money off of my YouTube channel and as much as I would love to work for Pimax or any other VR company they so far have not been receptive to it. So just my honest opinions here and as I have said many times before, mileage may vary for different people due to head/face size and eye to lens distance… maybe I was just born with the perfect sized head for the Pimax headsets? IDK but I do speak the truth always! []-/

7 Likes

Not plausible. All differences of opinion so far are attributable to different use cases (roomscale showing distortion readily while simpit not), varying degrees of experience (myself being more likely to ‘tune out’ distortion yet better able to see the limits of 8kX resolution), or possibly ‘face shape/size and eye to lens’.

Myself, I was not paid or promised any ‘profit’. To be fair, I did pay for an 8kX, though I am indeed grateful for early access to this prototype 8kX unit.

I doubt Sebastian/MRTV was paid for his comments…

That leaves ‘vrgamerdude’, who so far, seems like a nice honest guy to me…

Whatever you ‘find out’ once you get your own 8kX, will be a reflection of what you do with it and maybe a little luck.

[mildly offended]

4 Likes

NotSaying

3 Likes

No reason not to be… Otherwise I doubt many would still be watching me and valuing my opinions after almost 6 years of doing this!

4 Likes

Hello there! :slight_smile: All respectable people here that have not been paid off. It is just different opinions. I tried Skyrim on the StarVR One and it is really nice. One of the few games that work well. If you are into FOV, indeed that is amazing. If you are into resolution, then go for another headset.

10 Likes

Did you try Skyrim with mods and the maxRecommendedResolution tweak? I’m currently installing the ultimate vr essentials mod pack from Wabbajack. It’s 148gb of mods lol.

2 Likes

Whenever something is 148gb of something, you know it’s got lots of stuff you’ll never use and just there to suck up SSD Space.

1 Like

I have never tried Skyrim Mods yet. That is probably an unforgivable atrocity, but I will simply watch your video when you make one about it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes