Half - Life 2 VR (Garry's mod)

Has anyone tried Garry’s mod for Half Life 2?
It looks good, the controllers are working :beers:

Implementation is not easy at first glance…

3 Likes

I only tried it with the vive with index controllers and it works pretty good.

I also made a tread Play Half life 2 and 1 with motion controllers and finger tracking

3 Likes

Yes, it looks very interesting.
I have been looking for something like this for a long time and only now I accidentally found out about such a mod.

Would love to try this with my Odyssey + :beer:

1 Like

Only problem I found is that you can’t use the crowbar when you swing it. You have to press the trigger to hit stuff and enemies. Also with half life 1 switsing to weapons is frustrating but I like playing it!

2 Likes

I will definitely try this soon.
HL Alyx is still far away, but now we have such a wonderful mod for HL 2 :yum: :+1:

2 Likes

HL2 in VR, I’m in :+1: Just bought, and will try it out later today.

2 Likes

Yes, very good. I hung there for a couple of hours approximately.
This is surprisingly good for the mod, but why Valve did not do it themselves is incomprehensible.
I liked it, only the weapon does not move when shooting, the fingers do not move on the hands.

1 Like

A “proper” VR mod has been in the work for ages, by the way, from the same people who made a much earlier one, back when the only positional controllers were the Razer Hydras. No idea when that gets finished, alas - I believe the team raised their ambitions quite a bit, over the older iteration, and people have only so much spare time… :7

2 Likes

If you want to use you fingers then you have to select it in the settings under turn vr on when map load.

2 Likes

Yes, I put tracking fingers on the menu there, but for some reason they disappeared.
I will then take a screenshot later.

That’s strange. I play Half life 1 with no problems with finger tracking. I could tray half life 2 later on the day and let you know if it works for me.

2 Likes

I just tried half life 2 and finger tracking works.

Yes, strange, it looks like this when I turn on finger tracking in the settings.

Honestly, I don’t really understand how I can have finger tracking with WMR controllers.

When I turn off tracking in the settings, the fingers appear, but they do not move, the weapon is also as if stationary, and it shoots unnoticed.

Haha lol you could only use finger tracking with the index controllers and oculus touch.

1 Like

Well then, it is clear :grin:

In general, it was precisely the immobility of my fingers and arms when firing that bothered me. That is, the weapon froze motionlessly in the hand, nothing moves, and the shot occurs.
Maybe it should be so.

I just find out that you can use mods. This looks so good! https://youtu.be/WEd1TaGd-xA

1 Like

Yes, it looks good, I will definitely try, thanks :+1:

By the way

I tried on O +, it works great, real HLVR :+1:

1 Like

Currently you may download from Steam and play for free HL1 and HL2 (with episodes). It will work until official release of Alyx (around March 2020).
I only need Garry´s mod then :slight_smile:

Steam info:
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/231/HalfLife_Complete/
[Half-Life] Link: steam:/run/70
[Half-Life 2] Link: steam:/run/220
[Half-Life 2: Episode One] Link: steam:/run/380
[Half-Life 2: Episode Two] Link: steam:/run/420
(copy paste link in browser with steam logged in)

2 Likes