My Index controllers arrived today. They are my first VR controllers. I ran the room setup in PiTool and then the one in SteamVR. The game looks great, but there’s a scaling problem:
I intended to play in seated (or maybe standing) mode, due to a lack of space. Unfortunately, I’ve hit several issues:
- When seated, I feel like I’m 2 feet tall.
- When standing, it’s more like 4 feet tall.
- The scale itself feels off (the world is too big).
- My feet feel like they end about a foot under the floor.
- The chaperone box is always on.
- Recentering doesn’t fix the issue.
Otherwise the game feels silky smooth, with the framerate mostly at 80Hz with PiTool quality at 1.5 and SteamVR at 100%
Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for Half-Life: Alyx?