Just fired up the game and played around for less than 10 minutes and the initial report is:
- Stable 75fps (75Hz) more or less the entire time in native 4K mode with PP enabled.
- Looks crazy sharp and insanely beautiful!
- Can be played without Parallell Projection, but clipping on right peripheral view will be a problem + some shadows will look wrong. With PP enabled, all problems are gone.
- Fixed Foveated Rendering is working when enabled, help with frametimes and frame rate
- Valve Index controllers work without any issues as far as I can see
SteamVR SS 100%, PiTool 1.0, PP enabled, No FFR enabled when testing performance
RTX 2080Ti & 9900K at 5Ghz.
With PP enabled and SteamVR SS 100%, the framerate can drop down from 75fps to 68-70fps (unless you enable FFR (conservative at least).
But having PP enabled and lowering the SteamVR SS to 76%, giving us a rendered resolution of 3836x3440 per eye, the game is fully smooth in 75fps so far. And it still looks as good.