Headset and controllers not tracked!

Hello all, I have just purchased a 5k+ bundle and the index controllers and base stations have just arrived, initial setup seemed to work, and I am able the run the head set in 9dof mode but the light houses refuse to track the headset and the controllers, both are flashing blue in Pitool and display a solid white light and the headset is named not tracked. I have tried the rotation trick, changing channels and combination of channels on the light houses and deleting the contents of the lighthouses folder but nothing seems to help. the two are move that 1.5m from the had set and are less than 16ft from each other and the head set does not have the silicone protector on.
@PimaxQuorra any help would be appreciated !

People with white lights have had to update the lighthouses firmware.

2 Likes

Check your room for reflective surfaces, like windows, framed pictures, and mirrors. Those can cause lots of problems. Try one thing at a time: First get your headset tracking. Try hiding it from the light houses and then exposing it again. Try moving the headset further (and/or closer) to the light houses, while changing the angle that the headset is facing. Have you run room setup yet?

I’m not sure what else to suggest, since it looks like you’ve tried most of the things I’d recommend.

1 Like

Im currently trying to run room set up but it just says headset not tracked, both of the base stations are flashing blue in pitool if that helps

1 Like

How can I do that, I have tried plugging it in at the back with micro usb but it just dosent detect

It seems to be up to date

1 Like

You might find some hints on the Wiki.

Try this (clean up of the runtime folder):

Or look under Software Solutions -> Basestation/lighthouse related on the Wiki for other suggestions.

2 Likes

I should also mention that I have paired the two index controllers but they are also not found when attempting to run room set up

The roomsetup is in steamvr? its the one you need to do anyway.

Its both, the Pitool and Stram Vr room set up, they both dont detect the headset or the controllers

2 Likes

Is lighthouse tracking turned on in pitool?

2 Likes

It can only be done via bluetooth, people have had to resort to picking up a vive link box 2nd hand to be able to do it iirc

1 Like

There is no need to update the firmware on base stations. The updates do not effect our headsets in any way.

2 Likes

Someone on here was having the same issue and said that was the only thing that fixed it

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Yes it has been turned on

1 Like

Both the light houses and both the controllers are flashing blue in Pitool but they seem unable to Find and track the headset and the controllers

1 Like

Yes it still interesting that it’s being marketed not to update firmware as we know it improves the hardware and with the v1.0 valve needed to roll out an update after it was identified that people could move faster than thought in Beatsaber.

No doubt they changed something else during the course of their attempts to fix (or they were one of the people who reported an issue with steamvr beta as described below).

It’s through our discussions with valve engineering that it was determined there is no need to update.

There was a situation a while back where a SteamVR beta could not fully initialize while it waited for an update to occur but valve made changes to the beta. 7 or 8 people reported the problem at the time but that version never made it into a release edition.

3 Likes

Here’s something you could try…

1 Like

Steam is detecting the head set/controllers and the base station it’s just they refuse to track/start in the pitool roomset up and the steam VR setup.