Help with Unity Shader/Dev Support

For the last 6 months or so, I’ve been struggling with getting a black hole to look right on Pimax. It seems to be sampling a different part of the scene per eye. Does Pimax broadly offer any developer support or perhaps just take a one off and tell me wtf I need to do to fix it? I’m happy to share the shader (built with Unity URP shader graph).

Thanks!

EDIT: the below code worked for my use case by changing the formula to:
OUT.x *=.5; (presumably same effect as the original /=2 in the screenshot below, but I was experimenting and stopped when it worked).
OUT.y *= .5;

It still doesn’t look right with a high distortion, but for my purposes I’m currently satisfied with the outcome. I’ll probably revisit as I get closer to a final product.

That being said, happy to continue chatting about it if anyone happens upon this and has ideas/questions.

@SweViver or @arminelec might be able to help You out our point You in the right direction… :upside_down_face:

Basically it has to do with the canted displays.

There’s a workaround, but an expensive one performance wise, in PiTool called “compatible with parallel projection”.

2 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately PP doesn’t help in this scenario. I’m poking around and found a few similar situations that used ot happen on older hardware (doesn’t seem to anymore), but so far no dice on Pimax :frowning:

EDIT: Here’s the code I found that’s supposed to help. Doesn’t work how I want, but it definitely affects it in the correct way:

2 Likes

Armin and Marcin might still be able to find the right people at Pimax to help out if they don’t already know the answer… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes