HMD Stops communicating with control when behind my back (Radio issue not lighthouse)

I have one of the original 5K+ units (backer 84). And now 4 lighthouses (Thanks plan F!!). If I place the controller behind my back (at my butt or below) the HMD is loosing it’s communication with the controller. It can definitely see 2 of lighthouse (so not a tracking issue). I also tested putting behind cardboard and the HMD didn’t loose comms.

From what I gather the controllers are using BLE 2.4Ghz

Is there anyway to increase the radio power in the HMD or extend the attena that it is using?

1 Like

Have you turned power saving off in Steamvr ?

I would recommend submitting a support ticket.

@PimaxQuorra can likely assist after a ticket assigned to a tech.

1 Like

thanks for the tip about the powers saving. I just tried and it still has a problem when behind me. I’ll open a ticket

2 Likes

Hello Xairrick,

Thank you for submitting the ticket, our technician will contact with you shortly.
They will only response on the ticket but not via mailing.
Please kindly take note of this.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

I have same problem.
When I use 3 base stations left controller lose bluetooth behind me.
But when I turn off one BS the problem disappear.

1 Like

Hi Maxy be sure to file a support ticket.

here is a video demo of the radio problem https://youtu.be/8SOJZkfkkLI

1 Like

Hello Xairrick,

Did you submit a ticket? If you do,please kindly share us the ticket number, we will forward the ticket number along with the video to the technician.
Pretty sure he will able to solve your problems.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

ticket #22373 Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello Xairrick,

We did forward to the technician team, they will contact with you shortly!
To respond to your ticket you need to login to your support account. Do not reply to email. There should be a link in email to view ticket.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

ok
ticket #22461

1 Like

Support couldn’t help me. but I fixed my issues by flashing a valve controller dongle (https://github.com/ykeara/SteamVR-Dongle-Flash) and pairing one of the controllers to it.

This looks like this is pretty common problem with 5k+

2 Likes