HP Reverb G2 Discussion

Exciting!

5 Likes

Really exciting! Really looking forward to this headset

2 Likes

There was a picture making the rounds, that showed an HMD still with SLAM tracking, but with an extra lateral camera on each side, instead of just the two in front, an IPD slider (the first reverb didn’t have one, afaik), and the whole headband/speaker assembly and face gasket from the Valve Index almost without any modifications. Controllers were WMR ones minus the trackpad.

Question is whether this was an official render, or more likely: Some random guy’s mockup. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sebastian is doing an interview with HP and they’re doing a Q&A session at 9am tomorrow!

This is going to be the most exciting week in VR history.

5 Likes

Really curios about this headset.

1 Like

It needs SteamVR lighthouse based tracking for it to be interesting to me, personally speaking.

5 Likes

9AM which time zone?

PST :mantelpiece_clock: :clock1: :clock10: :clock1030: :alarm_clock: :clock530: :clock8: :clock230: :clock830: :clock3: :clock330:

? What else besides the HP ?

potato fov in 2020 :rofl:

3 Likes

A badass 114 degree FOV :poop:

4 Likes

Watched Tyriel Wood’s video:

• Same FOV as original Reverb
  • Same Resolution but new panel with better contrast/brightnes
  • Still 90hz
  • New panel has less mura effect (less dirty lenses effect)
  • Better lenses designed by Valve
  • Same audio as Index
  • Manual IPD adjustment
  • Face cushion like the Index
  • Flip up screen
  • 4 cameras better tracking
  • Better controllers that can be used with other WMD devices
  • $599

Overall … its just a better Reverb.

5 Likes

Thanks. No need to watch any news now… :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Wow . The FoV is just straight up terrible , Its 2020 and were still stuck on the same 5 year old FoV

6 Likes

Wow what a nothing-burger. (It’s $599). All QOL oriented improvements nothing substantial.
FOV=Same (just 90 degrees H), Resolution=Same, Refresh=Same, Price=Same etc.

8 Likes

Pimax is still the way to go , not sure if I am happy about that or not :smiley:
Pimax NEEDS to improve their displays , I dont care if the HMD costs 3000$ . Just give us displayport 2.0 with micro led hdr displays with custom lenses like star vr one and wireless from the vive pro

1 Like

Really disappointed with the fov. If it support the index controller I might get it for my gaming laptop.

Happy with the improvements. The IPD adjustment, better lenses, better panels, better controllers, the audio. But man that FoV is disappointing!! I could have lived with Index FoV but this is substantially worse. I’ll probably still buy it to try it but man … damn. And nowadays 120 hz should be standard on headsets at least in the high end.

2 Likes

RIP HP =_=. Kinda sad how they pushed the envelope with the 1440p 240hz monitor but stuck in the past for VR…

2 Likes

It’s sad. Just a little more FoV and it could have been an Index killer.