I hope whoever receives their X is part of the 2% that uses the forums

It’d be nice to have reliable unbiased opinions from Backers.

That’s my hope anyways. Whether the impressions are positive or negative it will at least give whoever that preordered the X a perspective of an end user.

9 Likes

I’m backer 167 and i will post a short review asap, in case there will be not much of them by that time.

12 Likes

Not to worry am sure all 400 are included in that -conservative under estimation.(much like other lowball figures posted)

2 Likes

Hi,
I would be really interested to hear from 8KX users how their new hmd works with X-Plane 11.
Maybe @SweViver could chime in.
Thanks,
Werner

3 Likes

You mean the 20 units that will be shipped first? I feel that because they don’t say for whom the’ll be that they will most likely go to reviewers. Could be the other way around but I think Pimax does another Pimax marketing move regardless of what the backers want

2 Likes

My 8k x kickstarter is 420 something so hopefully I’ll be soon. Doubting it’ll be before the chinese new year though .

2 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t be sad at all if the first 20 units go to reviewers - at least those who do extensive coverage and tests.
Of course, it would be nice for each individual to be the one to get it. But as the majority will have to wait anyways it would imho be better to get at least something for all out of these 20 units - first really independent tests.
And if these testers still find hardware issues then being in the second batch (where this could still be corrected) might also not be the worst thing to happen…

5 Likes

From what I’ve learned Kevin say is that the first 20 were the only 20 from the first batch to survive the testings.

4 Likes

tbh i’d probably prefer not to be in the first batch, although I doubt they’ll do serious hardware revision in the first 400 unless something really bad pops up.
Still I think it’s a wrong move to send the first units to reviewers. Not because of any “backers first” sentiment but remembering how many broken 5k+ units ended up being featured on different youtube channels which did little good for anyone.

8 Likes

You have a point. If I understood @Pimel’s posting then these 20 units were tested inwards out?
Perhaps they could send one of them around the world. To test the shipping worst case…

4 Likes

That’s genius actually :grin:

2 Likes

Actually the most dangerous place to send a parcel post is Australia for fire
and i am not saying this for laugh.
Then comes Canada: easily the parcel post will be damaged

Special mention to Italy: The most slowly post office of the world civilized

5 Likes

So if you would like to test the quality of your box send it to Canada.

1 Like

Trust me you definitely don’t want to be the first batch of anything.

4 Likes

There are some annoying opposites here. Both for backers as for producers.
Pimax has some avid enthusiasts who will be great pr when they get the product and they like it.
A first batch has the highest risk of having surprise defects.
They now are put together.

And for an enthusiast goes the same, you get in quick, get your device but it’s a first batch and later batches will have improvements you really want too.

I had relatively first 5K+ but it had a defect, I got sent a replacement with a higher serial number. Now I have better plastics and 120Hz, which I would not have had if I kept that first headset. So, I’m happy but it could have been very different.

I ordered an 8KX, in November… So I am both excited for getting one in April (nervous tick) but I am already sweating it and expecting defects… Ugh.

3 Likes

I tried it at the Orlando meetup. It wa very good. It’s a good buy.

2 Likes

did you try looking for the screen door effect? especially for things like big screen and such? how was it?

so when’s the 8kx’s release date?

1 Like

Here’s the thing. I was aware that screen door effect exist in headsets, but it was so unnoticeable that I didn’t even think to look for it! Hopefully that answers your question.

4 Likes

It’s a nice argument but we need someone to look for it to really have some real info