Is it possible to trick PiTool into thinking StarVR One is a Pimax headset?

I’m hoping if I can trick PiTool into thinking the StarVR One is actually a Pimax headset, I might be able to enable parallel projection for certain titles like Half Life Alyx.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s possible to keep it enabled like it is for an Index headset somehow?

The feature is there (in vrsettings) for the Index headset.

3 Likes

Well technically, there’s a parallel projection mode for the StarVR but it’s only possible to enable for 110 fov not the full 210. One thing I tried was setting fov to 210 and then enabling compatibility mode in steamvr.settings file while SteamVR was running. It seemed to work for the first 5 seconds but had pretty big lag. I’m going to reverse engineer the StarVR compass tool to try and enable this mode on large FOV.

3 Likes

If you manage to do this you have my eternal gratitude.

1 Like

No that’s not going to be possible for sure. Pitool actually is mostly just a GUI to configure options. You select an option in the GUI and it passes that option on to the driver which then knows what to do. The StarVR one doesn’t care at all about Pitool settings and even if it would, it still wouldn’t know how to ‘enable parallel projections’ if pitools would tell it to do so.

Really the only option would be for StarVR to add that code to their driver.

2 Likes