Is the Comfort Kit a standard feature with the 8kx?

Is the Comfort Kit a standard feature with the 8kx?

I used backer upgrade plan C to order an 8kx. I’m wondering if it will come with a comfort kit. If so, will it truly be a kit that I will install? Or will it be pre-installed? I’d prefer it as an add-on kit because I have no problem with the regular face mount design with my 5k+ and worry that it might change my FOV or cause new undesirable vision issues. If it’s already installed then I’ll have no other option.

If it’s not included I won’t be unhappy.

Yes. The CK is included along with the SMAS with the integrated audio (or DMAS if you specified that). All the parts are pre-installed.

2 Likes

Thanks for quick reply. If for some reason I don’t like it (not to be too negative!) is there a way to get a conventional one too?

1 Like

The comfort kit uses the same mount as the old kit, so AFAIK you should be able to swap with the kit from your 5K+ (if you still have it).

It was recently confirmed that there are two thicknesses of foam included, so you can try both of those before resorting to swapping out the kit completely

3 Likes

But I’ll want to sell my 5k+. Maybe with the 2 thicknesses to choose from one will be good for me. I hope so. But if not I’d like the option to get a conventional one. I’ll pay for it up front so it can ship with the main unit or with my Base Station whenever that comes…

3 Likes

There is also the option of selling the 5K+ with the comfort kit and keeping the old kit for your 8K-X.

1 Like

Yeah thats a good idea. Plus recoup a few bucks

1 Like

Yeah, you could probably sell it for a bit more with a Comfort Kit. It would also stand out from any other 5K+ offerings, which is also a bonus.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. But maybe I’ll love the CK. That would be great too.

Can’t wait to get my x!