Let me know how SteamVR optimization works with Beta 0.23

Need to know if all is good now. Should be… but who knows :slight_smile:

Gotta spend a few hours with g/f… back later and will respond to posts later!

3 Likes

For me settings off the headset dont work, no matter what I do it always start with Large FOV.

The start screen looks much better now and it is fast.

Oculus games I started did not have sound anymore and controllers felt off. Was Asgards Wrath I started.
Vive Port game took long time to start and did not “find” the saved game so had to start from beginning. Was arizona sunshine.

1 Like

Could you please post the Player.log?
And what headset are u using?

1 Like

5k+ you were to fast MArtin edit and added more information :slight_smile:
Cant find the log, did not turn off Experience just turn off headset :frowning:

1 Like

I would love to see the log file.
Its in c:\users\user\appdata\locallow\Pimax\PVRHome\Player.log
(Check the Redme.txt file, it gives you file locations to all important files)

Great to know, thanks!

Its important to have the Oculus runtime running in background if you want to launch Oculus games with PE. Otherwise they might not even start. Asgard has bad support with PiTool “native” mode unfortunately. I would recommend to use Revive for that game. Im about to re-write the Steam import of games and will also at the same time make a script that enables starting Oculus games with Revive+SteamVR directly from PE.
Meanwhile, could you try some more Oculus games? I haven’t noticed any sound issues on my side, but I haven’t tried that many Oculus games yet. All of them starts OK except Floor Plan randomly quits on startup (no idea why)…

1 Like

Here is a link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wMMCbFqiC5uUn4JkzMhXKneK2hnug9la/view?usp=sharing

One thing I really would like is to be able to use touchpad on knuckles as scroll wheel in game lists and so.

1 Like

Actually with this beta version of PITOOL and PE Asgard wrath(P.P. Enabled!) I work perfectly with OCULUS service. With the official version of pitool instead I have to use Revive!

3 Likes

Hmm interesting! But does it start correctly with PE just like with PiTool?

1 Like

i confirm that’s working from both PE and Pitool!

3 Likes

Awesome news, thanks @technoproject

Tomorrow Im starting to re-write the SteamVR game import, and will also do my best to implement Revive-import, so all Revive games are imported and launched seperately, and working through PE with SteamVR.

2 Likes

I’ve tried it v.024, with the 5K+ and 5K XR, good job, everything seems to be working very well.
The only thing didn’t work was FFR. And Custom SteamVR settings, in advanced mode.
Oh, and when reverting the steamvr.vrsettings back, it was different than I had it

2 Likes

Thanks man!
Hmm its strange, as Ive been fighting that FFR setting back and forth for quite some time. Even if values are sent properly, Im not sure if they really get applied by PiTool. Gonna do some more extensive tests on this tomorrow on both FFR compatible PCs here.

May I ask what wasn’t working with Manual SteamVR? Did you get any error message in the log when trying to write to file? I really thought I made sure yesterday to make that feature waterproof after rewriting the functions… :slight_smile: did you apply the steamvr settings while being in Advanced menu, or was it automatic during a game launch?

2 Likes

Yes, FFR didn’t worked with any of both headsets, and on Pitool, there wasn’t any button activated for any mode. Changing directly from Pitool it worked.

I didn’t get any error message with manual SteamVR, the problem was that the apply button was already applied, and I couldn’t apply any changes I made.
I have the log file if you want it.

2 Likes

Im looking at this issue together with Bill (PiTool coder) :slight_smile:

Wow haha, my bad, sorry! Yesterday when I re-wrote the code, I forgot to add the code to activate Apply button again when slider/options are changed. For some reason, it only allows changes when any new profile is loaded from the drop-down. I will fix that for tonights new release together with other things :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know!

3 Likes

I have fixed this bug in 0.24b for now, and uploaded a new ZIP and RAR, replacing the previous 0.24!

2 Likes

I have confirmed the FFR not changing is a PiTool bug. It doesnt seem to apply that value, despite values being received. Bill will fix this in next PiTool (hopefully today)

2 Likes

I get an error from Pimax Experience when I apply the automatic profile. Claims that it doesn’t have permission to modify the file. I dropped the UAC settings to the bottom option and the result is still the same. I’ve had this issue with every build I’ve tried and I started at build 24.

Note, SteamVR is installed on my H drive SteamApp library.

2 Likes

Interesting. File location shouldn’t matter. Is the file set to read-only maybe?

1 Like