Light house issue solved. Thank you Pimax!

After installing the latest FW 294 dfu, my 8KX developed light house tracking fault. Spent hours trying to rectify the issues by installing different Pitools and FW, restarting PC, nothing helps. I was at the stage of retting my whole PC, but luckily I did not.
Issued a ticket to support and got a reply within 3 hours and they gave me instructions step by step to resolve the problem. The first thing I try is the method below, restarted Pitool few times and viola! Everything was tracked. So I thought I post this here in case someone encounter the same issue as me.

DELETE CONFIGURATION FILES

When you find the headset is not tracking, please try to :

delete the contents of

C:\ProgramData\pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse (don’t worry - they’ll be

recreated automatically when restarting the service in the next steps)

Click “restart service” on the Pitool as below:

2 Likes

Not player new Pimax users know this Reddit Pimax wiki. It can solve many issues encounter by reading the troubleshooting guide.

1 Like

It’s also in our Wiki here:

Actually, You seem to have copy/pasted my exact words from this post (I guess someone else has copy/pasted it to Reddit - which is fine with me):

Specifically under “Basestation/lighthouse related”

• Delete the contents of C:\ProgramData\pimax\runtime\config\lighthouse (don’t worry - they’ll be recreated automatically when restarting the service in the next steps)

:wink:

2 Likes

Your instructions is more in-depth. I basically copy the instruction from Pimax support e-mail. And Pimax probably copied from you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like