New PiTool 1.0.1.255 Released!

I also experienced a significant performance drop in iRacing. I can not keep a steady 72 fps with 255. The GPU and CPU utilization are low and yet the fps is hovering in the 60s. I can’t say if it eliminated the stutter because fps was too unstable.

I re-installed 249 and got back the performance I’m used to; a steady 72 fps.

I’m looking forward to the GPU usage slider.

5 Likes

The tracking with index controller and base station 2.0 unfortunately has interruptions and slight shifts even with slower movements, regardless of the settings, whether with Pitool 1.0.1.255 or 1.0.1.249.

Especially in games with fast movements, such as Eleven Table Tennis, you are simply no longer competitive.

Maybe someone knows a Pitool version that enables stable tracking with the Index Controller Bundle and Basestation 2.0?

3 Likes

Replying to myself but more of an update. After having spent a few hours playing Assetto Corsa, I’m happy to report everything works as intended. I went back to 90hz and large fov instead of 120hz and reduced fov as the peripheral vision is way more noticeable than 30hz extra. Overall, can’t say anything bad about it.

3 Likes

This could be a bug within this pitool version. I have the old base stations with an 8k plus and the tracking isn’t always stable for me either. Sometimes it’s worse than others. When it’s not stable I shut down steamvr and restart it and it will help a little. But the tracking in pitool home will do the same thing.

2 Likes

I run mostly iracing and the performance id definitively much worse and FOV dosen’t seem to matter.in 90 HZ If my cpu time goes up above 8ms and slightly above it will for the most part start to fluctuate. My GPU is around 6.6ms and 40% use. As far as know the limit should be around 11.1ms so its quite far off.

I7700k HT 49 gh 1080TI 1997 GHZ

@SweViver @PimaxQuorra @alex.liu

After I updated from Pitool 1.0.1.254 to Pitool 1.0.1.255 my Nolo Tracking (I still have to use my P4K Nolo Tracking with my P8K because I’m still waiting for my valve basestations and Index controllers) is not working anymore. The tracker LED is green but the base station and the controllers are not found in Pitool and SteamVR. After I reverted to an older version the Nolo tracking was functional again.

How the Nolo tracking implementation was changed in detail in 1.0.1.255? Are there new requirements?

Cheers
Dennis

1 Like

Anyone else have problems starting steamvr. I cant even load into steam,

My steam vrserver.txt log file says

Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.042 - Driver 'aapvr' started activation of tracked device with serial number 'LHR-XXXXXXX'
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.042 - aapvr: add tracker device 0
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.042 - Driver 'aapvr' started activation of tracked device with serial number 'LHB-XXXXXXX'
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.042 - aapvr: add tracker device 1
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.042 - Driver 'aapvr' started activation of tracked device with serial number 'LHB-XXXXXXX'
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.043 - system.generated.vrstartup.exe (aapvr_hmd) attempting to load default config from file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Steam/steamapps/common/SteamVR/resources/config/legacy_bindings_generic_hmd.json
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.045 - 0 - entering standby
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.045 - Return to watchdog timeout of 1800.000000 seconds exceeded. Quitting everything.
Tue Mar 10 2020 02:00:44.045 - Sending Quit event to process vrstartup (10076)

Tue Mar 10 2020 01:58:24.781 - Return to watchdog timeout of 1800.000000 seconds exceeded. Quitting everything.

I can start SteamVR. It seems fine. I am NOT using a beta version.

Have you tried rebooting?

3 Likes

I just installed the .255 release, and when my HMD is powered on, the screens do some weird paging, then the USB locks up. If I switch off the HMD everything recovers. Going back to 91 everything is fine.
Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

1 Like

I have not. .255 seems pretty good on my PC. I only play Elite D, so my experience may differ from others.

2 Likes

I’m having tons of issues to get the headset working on 255. Sometimes it works, others it starts working normally, I leave it for a moment, then the image is broken with a thin bright blue line on one side and a blue empty image on the other side and sticks there until i turn it off. Sometimes the headset shows that it recognises the HMD and LHs but the screen is black, others it simply doesn’t detect the LHs, turning off the headset even by cutting power or resetting PItool doesn’t help, only rebooting the computer, and sometimes not even that. It’s incredibly cumbersome to even get the device working.

@PimaxVR can you please add a “full HMD and Pitool services reset” button, since when this kind of issues happen, only a full computer reboot makes it work again. There has to be a way to reset Pitool/HMD without having to reset the computer over and over, which makes starting to play in VR a real chore and can take 10-15 minutes to even start using it.

@Alex.liu

2 Likes

Have you tried cutting power from your headset, resetting PiTool services, and then powering on your headset? I’ve found that useful in this sort of situation.

It’s easy for me: I have a remote-controlled power outlet, for both my headset and my (single) base station. I’ve found that to be very convenient.

3 Likes

I actually mentioned that “turning off the headset even by cutting power or resetting PItool doesn’t help”

4 Likes

Sorry. I was skimming and missed that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So, do we have a version that works completely and properly at this point? At this point I’ve got 254a installed and just living with the need to restart my system every hour or so, as 255’s performance is so much worse that I just can’t see myself switching to it.

3 Likes

Nope, still waiting for pitool 2.0. Should be released with 8kx :confused:

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Pitool 1.0.1.258 Discussion

about the upgrade/rollback , i’ve never touched pitool folders, but it’s very important to kill both the pitool app and the pitool service from the services.msc panel.

sometimes the installer is not able to close the service so you’ll get a mixed installation with the services from the older install and the files from the newer one.

just close the service (and the app) and everything will be installed regularly, i strongly suggest to do it for both ways, upgrade or downgrade.

If anyone else has my lockup problem, I updated the hmd firmware in the earlier release, and now .255 works ok!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.