New to Beta .05 VR Mouse Interaction Issues

Hi Swevivver etal…finally got my 8kX setup…trying to set up my IPD now. Still some bluriness.

I’m trying to use my mouse in PE, can’t figure out how to enable it for use. I don’t have any index etc controllers…just my mouse.

Also I noticed sometimes after room setup both pimax and steam vr…the PE display will be offset to one side or the other. Is there a way to recenter that view please.

Any help appreciated.
David

EDIT: Well I saw a mention of turning of Pimax Home in Pitool. Then launch PVRHome .exe by itself.
When I do so, I get the Unity screen then as soon as the stars show up, it shuts down.

Essentially, I am at a loss right now on how to use PE. I have never used the sword/index controllers since I started VR.

Guess I better buy some, for future games. I pretty much just play flightsims.

For me I guess I need a bit of a for “Dummies” type manual.

I’ll put this away for now, till you folks can send me in the right direction. Thank You

5 Likes

Hey mate and congratulations to your new 8KX! Im sure we can solve the bluriness with some settings inside PE (Especially the SteamVR profiles). When properly setup, the 8KX is supersharp :slight_smile:

OK, I see. Let me explain. As the VR mouse interaction just entered the first “Experimental” version 0.50, we did not set it Enabled on default. The main reason is that VR mouse interaction requires an active window/fullscreen to work, and we are solving that by using a window/fullscreen handler. Now, this works already, but we are afraid there still COULD be issues with the feature, so this is why we didnt want to enable it on default (and potentially destroy the expreience with a crash or whatever at first PE start).

In upcoming versions, I will make sure to add a feature that automatically enables Mouse mode (and enables window/fullscreen mode) IF no controllers are connected/discovered.

Meanwhile, you will need to enable it by going into the user settings config file.
First, uncheck the “Start Pimax VR Home” checkbox in PiTool (to quit PE it its running).
Now, go to the folder:

C:\Users\ your-username \AppData\LocalLow\Pimax\PVRHome\

Open the file userSettingsPVR.json with Notepad or any text editor, and change this line:
“mouseEnabled”: false,
to:
“mouseEnabled”: true,

Save the file, and now check the checkbox “Start Pimax VR Home”. Now PE should start automatically with Mouse enabled.

Recenter mouse + your view with: Middle Mouse button click :slight_smile:

Yes this is because of the nature PiTool starts PE. It doesnt allow it to be started manually. Please dont start it manually, there is no reason anyway :slight_smile:

Yep, mouse mode is specifically (but not only of course) made for people without VR controllers I will make a manual for PE soon. Also all tooltips in PE will soon be available!

Let me know how it works :slight_smile:
Cheers

2 Likes

Thank You martin, will give it a go
David

1 Like