Just saw this, and while from 2019 and not for Pimax, there’s a few suggestions here that I had never heard of. Anyone use these / can confirm a benefit, or outdated now? I’ll try some of this later myself.
- Override Windows DPI High Scaling settings for nms.exe and set to ‘application controlled’
- Turn off Windows Game Mode. Not sure if this is still a useful thing to do.
- Force off Vsync, and set VR pre-rendered frames from 1 to ‘application controlled’
- Nvidia - change texture filtering ‘threaded optimisation’ from auto to off.
- Turn off Advanced Supersampling filtering in SteamVR. I used to do this as recommended by @SweViver, but PE defaults to on for all apps. Still useful to turn off?
- Turn off GPU profiling. Have to check if this is on by default.
- Change the CPU high and low thread values in the NMS mxml files
- Find best AA settings. I’m not sure what the latest recommended ones are.
- Turn off HPET in the UEFI / BIOS, helps CPU bound apps. Not sure I will change this one.
- Another thought is which any of these changes are universally beneficial for Pimax VR in general, and therefore can be safely changed and left like that for all apps.