No weekly Pitool news anymore?

Not for 8k X, it’s still missing

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, good to know. I didn’t realize there were differences between the models relative to PiTool besides the refresh rate.

1 Like

Bump bump , any news on a timeline for an update @PimaxQuorra

Hello,

We will release an progress update note by tomorrow.
Please stay tuned!

Sincerely.

2 Likes

Thats great thank you :sunglasses:

90hz for 8kx !!! Awesome

3 Likes

how do you know ? 90 hz would be awesome but I thought that isnt possible because of display port 1.4

Maybe on potato fov! Or because of foveated rendering?

Please read the new regarding tentative of 90hz

90Hz should be possible on Displayport 1.4 as it has a limit of 32Gbps and by my calculations 8bit 7680x4320 at 90Hz should be 29.8Gbps.

90Hz sounds great @PimaxQuorra and I really wanna thank you guys for trying to give us highest possible refresh rate. But remember we would be very happy even with 85Hz or 80Hz refresh rate if 90hz is impossible to reach. So please share with us any stable refresh rate you got :heart:

This tomorrow seems to be long :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 8KX uses DSC so there actually is quite a bit more headroom than you calculated.

From what I understand, the issue with increasing the refresh rate at native resolution isn’t bandwidth per se but signal stability using the stock 8KX cable at that bandwidth.

I‘m really hoping Pimax will offer a cable with an optical data path, this might allow for an even higher refresh rate at native resolution.

1 Like

@Alex.liu @Miracle is there any Date for the next pitool and or firmware for the 8K X?

2 Likes

Waiting for that backlight adjustment update myself…

7 Likes

… and 60Hz mode…

4 Likes

Very keen to hear how 90Hz mode is coming along.

2 Likes

@Alex.liu and hopefully a 72Hz mode for the 8KX as well for movies!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.