Option in pitool for switching off headset after booting

The newer pimax headsets are USB-powered, which normally means that they are always plugged in. This in turn means that they are switched on after the PC and pitool has started up. For people like me who don’t have a pure VR gaming PC, this is annoying: you always have to remember to switch off the headset after booting the PC…

I would like to have an option in pitool that enables the headset to be switched off after booting the PC/ pitool.

2 Likes

This has been pointed out before, but there has been no official response to it.

I figure it might not be possible for them to control this via a firmware update or they just don’t think it’s enough of an issue to address.

Not sure if You’re aware but if You configure the USB ports to be always on in the BIOS, the headset will stay in the standby state.

You can also keep it in standby by using a powered USB hub.

4 Likes

…but it should be defenitely possible with the drivers/pitool. Of course it would be required to start pitool when booting.

so you would have the power supply again that you saved before :wink:

Just hang the USB 2.0 port on a cell phone charger and that’s it. :see_no_evil:

Please explain how You know that?

I mean, I personally don’t know which components are inside the 8KX and thus don’t know what is configurable… :upside_down_face:

Basically, yes… :wink:

2 Likes