Padding on the sides of the rigid headstrap

I feel like they forgot to put padding on the sides of the rigid headstrap. there are gaps big enough on either side of my head to fit my hand in. Adding padding here would give the headset a much more secure feeling on the head and greatly reduce side to side wobble.

1 Like

I feel the same but it must fit someone, right?

A soft thick padding would do wonders for me too… :wink:

I guess we’ll have to go with a DYI solution again… :grin:

4 Likes

I wonder if VRcovers would make one. Id buy it

2 Likes

Me too… :wink:

1 Like

Those side pads are attached with velcro. Agreed it seems like thicker padding here would do wonders.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s should be fairly simple to reuse and cut to fit one of the cheap pads available for other headsets.

I have some 22mm ones I bought cheap on AliExpress for the 5K+ (they’re meant for the Vive but fit OK) that might do the trick.

2 Likes

@PimaxUSA Does pimax have any plans of making something like this?

1 Like

I think a thick 3/4" molded padding on both sides would have helped with the physical wobble you get when you move your head suddenly back and forth because of the wide-hammerhead shape of the headset, give the hmd more stability and certainly give it a more premium feel. Why the double-up padding on the back of the head and nothing on the sides? Odd design layout, missed opportunity by Pimax.

1 Like

It’s designed to allow all the pads to be swapped out for different ones but we aren’t working on different side pads at the moment.

With people I help on wobble most of them have the back pad too high on their head. It usually reduces it considerably when you lower the pad and tighten where it pulls against the lower back portion of your head. Of course as has been pointed out thick pads on the side can affect this too.

I would mention that a fair amount of third parties are working on pad sets for different configurations.

1 Like

Have they fixed the hinges so it doesn’t require forcing the hinges past the stops to sit properly on the head? Or is that going to be 3rdparty solution?

Most newer reviews still seem to have the release hinges

2 Likes

I just got a brand new 8kx yesterday from an RMA and it still had the hinge you had to force.

1 Like

So another words it has not had it’s design flaw fixed. No wonder ppl are still having out of box setup issues.

I would have thought this simple to fix design issue would have been corrected as it has too many gains by doing so.

2 Likes

well they did give 2 face foams

1 Like

Only after people were not amused by it being said they were only going to ship 1 after stating 2.

Plus iirc @7invensun-JC has said thick foam for the ET vs the Thin standard one.

1 Like

VR Cover sadly ignores Pimax.