Pimax 4K has both displays shaded out black on the outer edges

My Pimax 4k started to have this issue a few months ago, its seems software related??? Anyhow the left and the right display is cut off on the edges, its shaded black, almost like it goes from 100 FOV to about 60 FOV, see pics. This issue happened one time so I rebooted PC and it went away, then the next time I fired up the headset it came back and I can get rid of it. Not much in the Pitool as far as adjustments. I have Firmware V1.0.0.265 and Pitool is the V1.0.1.180Beta. Any help would be appreciated @PimaxQuorra

Hello Stixvr,

For your problem, you need to download and install the latest Pitool version, the download link is as follows. (Please temporarily turn off the anti-virus software during installation and install it with administrator privileges)
Please kindly hit this link PiToolSetup to download the file.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

3 Likes

I now have the new Pitool installed V1.0.1.249 and I still have the same problem. I believe this started after the Windows update that was installed a couple months ago.

Hello Stixvr,

For this, you might submit a ticket at Personal Support. As our technician will contact with you shortly, they need to figure what’s happening right there.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like