Pimax 4K not always working

Hey everyone,

I recently got a Pimax 4K mainly for sim racing. When I just got it I installed PiTool and everything worked perfectly. A few days after the Pimax just randomly doesnt want to work. The led will just stay green and never go to the blue led.

I managed to get it to work when I completely removed all software and it worked for a while. But after this it just doesnt get the blue LED anymore.

I hope that there’s someone who can help me out here!

@Playa & @ISsa might have some ideas

Does steam say anything about blocked addons?

2 Likes

Classic one, if it is what i mean, then the PiTool does recognize the Pimax, but it never sets it active(blue led). In the old PiTool/PiPlay, changing the Mode activated the Pimax, like switching from Video- to Pimax(Game)-Mode or vice versa.

In my Experience, its also a matter in which order you start/connect everything, this is how i do
Leave the Pimax of the USB unless you use it, dont boot with it plugged in(hdmi is fine btw.) > start pitool with the pimax disconnected > plug in the pimax to an usb 2.0 port (for avoiding trouble with 3.0, but its mostly also fine) > wait for the pimax to appear in pitools > if the device dident appear or isent recognized correctly, restart the service and/or the hmd like this:

2 Likes

thanks for the response! I’m going to try and use your method from now on. Yesterday I got it working again by switching hdmi ports… A bit strange, but it worked.

2 Likes

If all else fails…unplug and then plug in again…USB usually

Hi Dr.Awesome,

That’s great.
If you encounter usage problems again in the future,please submit a ticket through the following link, where our technical support team will provide individualized solutions for you.

Regards,
Apple

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.