Pimax 8K m2 through the lens image ( shot with Galaxy s9+ )

https://youtu.be/0OTOD-YgXQY

25 Likes

Is this really? The quality is amazing :lying_face:

3 Likes

there is so much conflicting stuff on the forum at this point my head just hurts. I think i will come back when my backer number is called.

11 Likes

OMG!!! (nothing more)

2 Likes

People. As soon as you throw away your effin’ MICROSCOPES and start looking at those screens with your REAL EYES, you’ll find all this fuss about ‘this R has 16 pixels and this R has 27’ is a complete waste of energy.
Fact is, the 8K is a beautiful thing and the flagship product of Pimax.

22 Likes

Oh…
Well, its amazing…it come from a freaking VR headset we are about to get?

Not sure if I take my screen TV that is 5 years old I could get better picture.

This made my day despite anything can be said about the 5k+

For those who can understand : Comme on dit chez moi, truc de dingue !

3 Likes

looking forward to your review.:wink:

1 Like

thank you for this, can you please take same photos with 5k+?

3 Likes

Looks great! Now post some special pictures for science of course:grinning:

3 Likes

LMAOO i was praying these were 5k+ pics but when i saw the word “8k” i was like “oh for fuck’s sake mannnnn”

1 Like

This is exactly why @SweViver should really make through the lens pic AND vid UNZOOMED. So we can see how it normally should look through our eyes generally

7 Likes

May i ask, what app is this? is this a 360 3D video or something…?

1 Like

@park these images are same as looking by your eyes?

If not, can your zoom more to see the pixel which you think that it is the same size of sde which you can see? I am not sure how much the resolution, but I will try to download and fix size to show at the true scale and see what should it be.

How often do you notice the sde while watching movie?

Thank you.

2 Likes

@park

How much do we need to zoom in these images to see them at the same size as we would in the actual headset?

4 Likes

btw, you can see the “diamondish” SDE here (especially on 4th pic), so the “interlaced” SDE of 5K+ will be much more visible.

1 Like

Well the testers also wrote that 8k is better for movie
well this is taked from a movie.

1 Like

@park do you think your phone auto corrected the black levels ? since for me the black looks totally fine if that’s what you see in the hmd

1 Like

Don’t trust smartphone photos too much, they apply a lot of filters to eliminate defects

S9 also can shoot in RAW, those would be useful

3 Likes

I’m sorry no, this isn’t what it looks like at all

Except that is precisely the opposite of what every tester has said after viewing with their own eyes.

1 Like