There is no information or even an estimate of when the 8K plus and 8K X will be shipping to non-backers.
You don’t need to wory. There’s no possible way this will be delivered by Dec/Jan. The headset at VR days in not even final. The Deluxe headphones are non existent at this stage. Pimax time is your advantage
“Never before, always after” -Old Pimax motto, helpful to set expectations on previous track record, i´m guessing you might be new here
I´d suggest never anxiously waiting for anything Pimax, unless that something is a delay, in that case you are fine!
Jan 2021 maybe have a fab trip.
…I am only joking I’m sure you’ll have your 8k plus shortly after you return.
Don’t worry, when Pimax tells december, you should hear march (at least) lol
Why did Pimax announce they are shipping the 8KX to backers in December but no word on the 8K plus? Is the 8KX being shipped out first? Also if their deluxe is non-existant, then I’d probably like to change it to standard version.
We have been through so much waiting dmel, that some of us tend to get pretty sarcastic when it comes to actual shipping time. But Pimax does deserve some of it. They don’t seem to learn that promising later dates and delivering early is much much better than promising early and delivering late.
Chances are pretty damn high based on our experience that you won’t see this delivery until you return.
The 8k+ is supposed to start shipping 4-6 weeks earlier than the 8kx I believe. Then add the fact that the first 400 8kx units go to backers and there is some time difference between the 2 even if all goes according to plan.
We’ll maybe @PimaxUSA can update you on this?
On Pimax Day Stream 1 (released on the 24th September) @PimaxUSA stated that Pimax would start shipping lighthouses in 3-4 weeks to backers.
So far no lighthouses shipped and here we are talking the finished product where Pimax is just repackaging them, not the headset which is still in prototype phase.
So yeah, you may get the headset anytime next year (let’s be optimistic and do not apply the standard 1 year delay), but January is probably the least likely.
when I see the delusions they make me for an RMA
I think the 8k is for June
Welcome to the forum. What headset are you using now?
pimaxusa hoped to have an update today or Monday on shipping.
at december they are busy preparing CES 2020
Do not worry.
There was a delay. New start for 8k+ sometime in December & 8kX delayed to sometime in January.
Plus I am sure you know post is usually backlogged in December. But not sure if there still using Post as some backers received via UPS & Fedex. But Amazon usually uses CP.
Maybe @PimaxUSA can help with this concern & reveal if the deluxe headphones will be ready.
Agreed have had this conversation. Wide estimate. Like Scotty said “Exaggerate time needed. When you complete the task ahead of time you look like a miracle worker” paraphrased from Star Trek NG episode.
@Joeblackof I saw what you did there
I think he specifically said he would know more then. Not necessarily that he would update those of us on the forum.
Once we get a couple of confirmations (maybe today or monday as mentioned before) the shipping update should revolve around basestations and controllers.
Backers we’re asking if the Sense controllers are cancelled? If not, do we really have to wait the basestations until the Senses starts shipping if we choose to keep the sense+bs bundle ?
Thank you for the reply. Could you if you get any further info clarify the 8kx shipping date Please. I’m even more excited after VR days.