Pimax 8k X selling with newest firmware

Please sell the pimax 8k X with the latest firmware so customers will get 90hz out of the box

Thats the only reason why I still dont have one because I hate the process flashing a pimax :smiley:

1 Like

its take 2 min to flash the firmware,

2 Likes

But you need to have a Nvidia RTX 3xxx card that not everyone has it.

1 Like

I would imagine batches made after the 90hz firmware was released might have latest firmware. Question is how fast are they selling off previous made stock?

1 Like

I got a 3090 so should work
I simply dont wanna flash such an expensive hmd out of the box

1 Like

So what if they do ship it with a 90Hz firmware and they release a newer (improved) version two weeks later?

2 Likes

I am gonna wait for 8k X with dmas included ( and new firmware preinstalled ) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well with current estimated DMAS schedule it likely will have a 90hz firmware if they are observing FiFO. However you may still end up with a unit that is not updated.

And @DrWilken point is still there that there might be a greatly improved firmware released after your 8kX ships. :beers::wink::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

1 Like

Whenever you update the drivers (along with PiTool), there is a chance that it will automatically flash the hmd. In general, it’s a painless process (and even if it’s not, the hmd will not bricked). I’ve flashed my 8K and 8KX numerous times now. (Twice I had to resort to doing a manual flash.)

As a Pimax owner, it’s hard to avoid, but that’s a good thing imo. That’s because they continue to add and improve features.

4 Likes

Hi,
The 90 Hz firmware also works with my AMD RX 6900 XT graphics card.

5 Likes

Not being a dick, but then Pimax isn’t the VR helmet for you.

5 Likes

If you can’t handle a simple flashing process, then how will you handle all the settings in Pitool and Pimax experience? You need to be somewhat computer savvy to use a Pimax headset.

6 Likes

On the plus these devices people know about flashing them.

I had an SSDD that crashed and that was how I found out at the time that SSDDs have firmware to flash.

2 Likes

It’s honestly really easy to flash.

5 Likes

Hello,

The 90Hz firmware only take few minutes to flash. Or else upon purchasing, you could ask the tech to flash the firmware before delivery.
And the firmware will keep updating. We won’t stop upgrading the firmware till we achieve the maximus.

Sincerely.

7 Likes

Full speed ahead to the maximus! :flight_departure:

2 Likes

Is so simple upgrade firmware… a new product with a firmware beta is not good.

The flashing process does already work in pi tool ?
I remember it wouldn’t continue/ getting stuck

For some yes it seemed to often get stuck.

That’s what I am talking about :smiley:
Don’t wanna get it stuck and thinking what now 🙆