Pimax 8KX: 90hz Beta is out for nvidea 30 series cards is out,share your opinions here please

Pimax 8KX: 90hz Beta is out for nvidea 30 series cards,share your opinions here please…
How does it run etc…

11 Likes

Wow that’s fantastic news! Hope it works well!

3 Likes

Oh yeah fantastic , as all 2080ti owners im on ecstasy

14 Likes

$3000 RTX Titans are also Happy for this…

2 Likes

Good news, but damn. Not getting a new card any time soon will live with 75Hz

4 Likes

Oh well… I was going to be getting an RTX 3080ti anyways. So yay.

3 Likes

i have got a 3090 but rolling back my nvidia driver seems a bit of a pain, so i’ll wait for others to test.

6 Likes

this is an amazing breakthrough. and no reason to be salty if you dont have a 30 series gpu, u werent gonna get 90fps anyway

8 Likes

This is great. Sad for my 2080ti, but good for the headset

2 Likes

I tried with Nvidia 461.09 drivers.

PAVLOV works at 90Hz
Assetto Corsa Compezione, BLACK SCREEN Dont work

Any idea? @apple @PimaxQuorra

(yeah… i know are beta) … i give feedback … but i want ACC :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No 144 hz? I’ll stick with my 5K+ :grinning:

7 Likes

This is really really good!

Looking forward to trying it out and will post results here.

I will test the following titles:

Heavily modded AC via CM (Sol 2.0 etc)
ACC
iRacing

I‘m very excited to also see how SmartSmoothing 45fps to 90hz will perform!

If this works well and reliably, I have to say my wishlist for a 2021 VR HMD has been fully achieved!

5 Likes

I had the very latest nvidia drivers 461.92 so intially tried it and black screen, so downgraded to 461.09 and 90hz so far works… only tested steamvr home, bigscreen and as you’ve just mentioned ACC I’ve just run that and it’s working for me.

It’s literally the 2nd time I’ve run ACC ever (last was 5min test), so no settings have been changed on my part anywhere yet to optimise.

So far so good, this will be great if they can get it working without fear of issues with updating nvidia drivers.

4 Likes

the Titan are faster then a 3080 in VR :wink:

I just launched it via steam (only had a brief look at PE the other day so not in my routine of using yet), and as I say I’ve not touched any settings yet for ACC.

thanks you :frowning: … nothing for me…

a the menu… Black Screen…

and the led of 8K X in RED when ACC Start. After i close ACC e steam VR return is green

do you have a Rtx 3090?

Dayum! Extra excited to get my 8kx now! :partying_face:

3 Likes

yes 3090 (strix oc)

Just tried some SW Squadrons for the very first time too… works and ooooo :smiley:

7 Likes