Pimax 8KX: 90hz Beta is out for nvidea 30 series cards is out,share your opinions here please

Oh wow. I need to try this out. Give me those Hz!

They’d first need to come up with a solution for the eye strain several users have reported. It’s literally THE reason I’m not using the X anymore… Can’t even get much excited about 90 hz, can’t use it anyway because of the eye strain…

1 Like

RTX 2080 ti :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Hi MiG973,

You can creat a ticket in helpdesk and give us the ticket number.
After receive it , our tech team will follow it soon.

Regards,
Apple

Tested in iracing. Works like a charm. So much better than 75

1 Like

Does not work with Display port repeaters in my testing, gonna get some female to female connectors and try that

Does it work with the 3060 ti? I noticed the announcement didn’t mention it.

I made a tutorial and tested it out here:

4 Likes

What are you trying to say? I already know how to run the games in OC. But without Steam running, I wouldn’t be able to view fpsVR for performance, that’s my beef.

Ok so I ended up trying it and I like it! If you’re sensitive to refresh rate this definitely is a big improvement! Honestly if I could fix my eye strain this would become my default headset

2 Likes

I was referring to smoothness by mentioning refresh rate. I can’t tell the diff between 72 and 90 but I can detect the diff in 144 and only run at that refresh since Pimax hit that target with the 5K+.

As far as visuals go, no question the 8KX blows it away but I am fine with the way all my games look on the 5K+. I wouldn’t spend several thousand dollars to be a little more blown. It’s not that I couldn’t but I never buy bleeding edge when cutting edge or less will suffice. Obsolescence being what it is.
I eventually get to experience the tech. I’m just not in such a hurry to pay ridiculous amounts of money to be first. I am an enthusiast but my enthusiasm is tempered. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, this is Alex. 90HZ firmware also can work on the RTX20, but it can’t stable . If your 8KX happen any issue , just as flicking , you can choose the 75HZ mode or go back the older version firmware . here is the download link of M296:http://pitool.oss-accelerate.aliyuncs.com/FW/P2_RELEASE_8KX_M296.dfu.
warning : don’t download the M296 to the other HMDs.

22 Likes

Is there any hope for a 1080Ti? Of course it would be limited but just wondering. Thanks.

1 Like

Tried it with most sports games like FP Tennis, eleven TT, Cricket, etc, Works well as expected at 90Hz with amazing graphics

My bad.. I ’m too excited that I misunderstood your question

1 Like

Hope we can support Nvidia 461.40 and above which addresses the steam VR stutter issue shortly.

3 Likes

If they fix this,i might even buy a pimax 8kx again…otherwise its still a no go for me… The eyestrain was the reason i sold it…And the bad audio from the mic and the headphones

1 Like

I’m glad Pimax continues to improve their existing products.

I would be a lot more excited about this news if I could actually buy a 3080 at a reasonable price. Oh well, the video card supply will have to improve at some point.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Alex! :slight_smile:

I’ll try it out (on Asus ROG Strix 2080Ti OC) and report… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a very important aspect @Alex.liu