Pimax OpenXR Updated to v0.2.4

Pimax OpenXR Updated to v0.2.4

Much appreciated for the great work from @mbucchia !

7 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! @mbucchia Is this a solo project or would you be looking for others to get involved and help?

4 Likes

Hi! I am always looking for help! A couple of people have contributed bug fixes already.

3 Likes

Sorry for stupid question, but what it does, why I should use it? As I can see somehow it replaces steamvr. Will I get better performance in Dirt rally 2.0?

1 Like

It’s working great Matt!
Now all I need to do is figure out how to get my FPS program working!

1 Like

Anything that can be done to help the devs work with @mbucchia regarding the Motion Smoothing Issue he’s experiencing with his PimaxXR?
I feel that the OpenXR support is fairly complete with the only exception being things related to motion smoothing, where he’s hit a bit of a stumbling block that only the devs can probably give some insight to overcome.

I feel it possibly relates to Something changed with Pitool on version .271 and forward - #15 by mbucchia
Maybe I can modify the ticket I put in regarding this originally

#29542 Motion Smoothing miscalculated since 0.271 Pitool?

Given the eventual GUI changes for P3, I thought it might be a good time to slip in the ability disable 1:3 motion smoothing and perhaps the devs can provide @mbucchia with some insight as to the fix for motion smoothing?
here’s the discord link related to PimaxXR Discord

3 Likes

The Pimax engineers are providing support to me w.r.t my comment you’ve linked. They’re being super nice and they’ve helped confirm some of my findings and understanding so far. I’m looking forward to continue brainstorm with them.

9 Likes

Matt… it’s transformed MSFS- and it works great in DCS and IL2.
I really would like Necksafer( a nifty little app for DCS and IL2 that makes it easier to look behind you) and VR FPS to work as well, but I’m that will happen over time
Glad Pimax is working with you- thanks for all your fantastic work!

NeckSafer should work: Norbert Siepenkötter / XrNeckSafer · GitLab

NeckSafer works, but use XRNS version as mentioned above in @mbucchia link. The only issue is that when you snap look behind there is some awkward movement based on the direction your head is moving. The developer said on discord this will be addressed at some point in the future.

1 Like