Here comes a new update of Pimax VR Experience v0.74.0.0!
Setup Instructions :
Download and install PiToolSetup_1.0.2.087_V2.0
- Note: Pitool V.220.127.116.116 works with this version of PE as well, but to get Backlight brightness sliders working, you need to use PiTool 1.0.2.087_V2.0.
Download and install Pimax VR Experience 0.74.0.0 Beta Installer
After installation when PiTool is running, make sure to tick the checkbox “Start Pimax VR Home” (located in PiTool, Settings > General). This will automatically launch the Pimax VR Experience.
Note: Pimax VR Experience comes with its own installer, but it requires you to have PiTool version 1.0.2.087_V2.0 installed beforehand, to work properly.
Temporary mirror links in case above doesnt work (Right click and Save As)
This version of the software introduces a bunch of new features and updates making it fully compatible with all functionality of PiTool 1.0.2.087_V2.0. Backlight brightness for all Pimax VR headsets, including 8KX, is now instantly adjustable in the UI with the use of slider and +/- buttons, no HMD reboot required.
A new calibration menu has been added with selectable test charts/images and instant access to all adjustments, made to conveniently customize HMD backlight/brightness/contrast/individual RGB color gamma for each existing profile, and save the changes instantly. Background is automatically set to black/none while inside the Calibration, for optimal conditions. The feature can be accessed by clicking the icon located next to the Brightness/Contrast/Backlight sliders in the Quick Settings, Settings and Advanced Settings menus.
The calibration menu is still work in progress and will soon be extended with further customization, 5K XR black-level adjustment, ability to upload custom chart images and support to save backlight+black-level parameters into per-game profiles.
Furthermode, IPD Offset & Screen Vertical adjustment sliders can now be linked to adjust both sliders simultanously. Changing to individual per-eye adjustment is still possible with one-click. Additionally, all selections from drop-down menus are now dynamically made upon selecting new value, without the need of using the previous “Load” buttons, to improve the user experience and efficiency. Therefore, all load-buttons for drop-downs have been removed.
Check the full change-log below for full list of new features and updates:
- New: Backlight brightness can now be adjusted in real-time without reboot, range: 0-100 with 1.0 granularity.
- New: Backlight brightness now supported on all Pimax headsets, including 8KX.
- New: Added brand new Image Calibration page with dynamic image adjustments, selectable test charts/images and ability to quick save changes to profiles.
- New: IPD Offset & Screen Vertical adjustment sliders now can be linked to adjust both sliders simultanously. Individual per-eye adjustment is still possible.
- New: Added icons/indicators to the IPD Offset & Screen Vertical adjusment, to illustrate what the sliders are doing.
- New: All Drop-Down menu selections are now dynamically made upon selecting new value, without the need of using a “Load” button. All Load-buttons for drop-downs have been removed to improve user experience.
- New: Displaying the selected Profile Name in “Settings” & “Profile -> Edit Profile” pages, to make it clear to the user the currently loaded profile upon a new selection in drop-down menu.
- Update: Core: Refactored launching VR games via PE.
- Update: Installer: Updated and simplified the installer of PE, for PiTool team, to have it bundled with PiTool installer. Standalone installations of PE still uses the previous installer.
- Update: Corrected the selection of Refresh Rates for each Pimax headset. Non-supported modes are no longer displayed nor selectable.
- Update: Corrected the selection of FOV modes for each Pimax headset. Non-supported modes are no longer displayed nor selectable.
- Update: Reversed the order of IPD Offset & Screen Vertical values - to +, for correct logic and applied natural design to slider behaviours.
- Update: Refresh Rates are now sorted in ascending order.
- Fix: Sometimes command lines for a game were displayed twice in the list.
PE Calibration menu screenshots:
Backlight & IPD Adjustment update: