The new Pimax VR Experience version 0.85.0.0 Public Beta is here!
- Download and install the latest PiTool, if you have not already.
- Download and run Pimax VR Experience 0.85.0.0 Public Beta Installer.
- In PiTool, untick and then tick the checkbox “Start Pimax VR Home” (located under PiTool, Settings > General). This will launch the Pimax VR Experience.
Note: Pimax VR Experience comes with its own installer, but it requires you to have the latest PiTool installed beforehand, to work properly.
Download Link: (Right-click and Save-As)
Pimax VR Experience - Cloud Profiles - Phase 1
Please watch the video to know how the Cloud Porfiles work in the current phase.
- Forum Post: Pimax VR Experience - Cloud Profiles - Calling for Editors!
- Website: Pimax VR Experience
New: Cloud Profiles (phase 1):
- Users automatically receive cloud profiles, for their current games, based on their Pimax HMD headset and GPU model (where a cloud profile is available).
- Users can choose whether to use a cloud profile, local game profile, steam vr profile, or no profile at all, when launching a game.
- Users can choose one of the provided modes for cloud profiles: default, performance, max quality.
- Users can choose to have cloud profiles enabled/disabled via settings screen (enabled by default).
- Users cannot create or upload cloud profiles from within the app yet. This feature will be implemented in a future phase.
- Users cannot vote on existing cloud profiles from within the app yet. This feature will be implemented in a future phase.
New: Auto updates:
- Display a notification in dashboard, when there is a new app update avialable.
- User can choose to download the new update from within the app dashboard.
- User can choose to install the downloaded update from within the app dashboard.
- Where UAC is present on user’s Windows machine, the user must take the headset off and accept to run the new update.
- The update will run silently, install the new version and restart the app.
- When the app runs and detects a new install, it may restart itself one more time, where necessary.
- The app update does not include any PiTool updates.
- Update: Reduced installer file size from ~291 MB, down to ~253 MB.
- Update: Improved game details screen visual design (mostly internal code).
- Update: Improved performance when loading games on startup.
- Update: Reduced disk I/O access and file handles when loading games on startup.
- Update: Reduced memory usage when switching between games list/grid, game details and command lines screens.
- Update: Improved performance when searching and/or filtering games in dashboard.
- Update: The black background is now #000000 (was #030303 before).
- Fix: When PiTool Service is not running, the app might crash on startup.
- Fix: Invalid config files generated/updated by PiTool could halt the app from displaying all games properly.
- Fix: Game thumbnails in dashboard are not displayed on app startup, until PiTool is restarted.
- Fix: Internal: Parameters check just before launching a game in auto-detect mode could fail resulting in the game launching with incorrect parameters.