Here comes a minor update on the Beta (due to lack of time today, more will be done hopefully tomorrow). I hope I have fixed the most discussed issue so far: the freeze (and long wait if you have hundreds of installed games) upon VR Exp startup. Let me know if this helped to remove the freeze and long startup. This also removes the delay when switching between Themes.
Removed individual game thumbnails from “Profiles” category list. All profiles just use the same thumbnail. This is a temporary fix to get rid of the freeze and long pre-loading/pre-caching time upon startup. Also for some reason it removes the delay when changing theme in Customize UI menu.
Upon request, added Favorite has now a yellow star, and not added has a star without color fill (removed the red star)
Temporary removed the Tracking status in Sys Info (right window) as PiTool is currently not reporting this value correctly anyway. The entire Sys info tab will later on be moved to its own page in the main window and I will put some more useful stuff in the right window bar, next to quick customization.
Bundled with required PiTool version. Download link below: (same link, new folder PVRHome_Beta_v0.19). Available in compressed RAR and ZIP file:
- Install the included PiTool version (file PiToolSetup_1.0.2.069.exe)
- Open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Go to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ and remove all content inside the folder.
- Copy all content from the \PVRHome folder provided in this RAR file, and paste it into C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\
- In PiTool, go to Settings → General and ENABLE/CHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
Pimax VR Experience should now start in the background and inside your Pimax VR headset.
The log is created every time you exit the application.
So to be able to read the log, exit Pimax VR Experience first, by:
- opening PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Clicking on the Quit button (bottom bar) in the Pimax VR Experience
The log file is called:
The previously created log is (previous instance of the application running):
The program appdata files, user settings file, favorites etc that are used by VR Experience are located in:
User Settings profile:
Game import-data profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Game SETTINGS profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Favorites import-data profiles are located in:
SteamVR Optimization profiles for SteamVR/VivePort/Imported games are located in: