It looks like I have solved the issue with SteamVR optimization when main Steam installation is installed in custom folders or other drives. Let me know if it works fine now to optimize and also restore backup points!
- Fixing a known issue with SteamVR optimization when Steam is installed in custom folders (another harddrive or custom location, eg d:\Steam\ or whatever). Now, it should work no matter where Steam and SteamVR is installed.
- Further Improved memory usage (should use less RAM). Still not completely solved, but Im troubleshooting why it sometimes eats gigabytes of RAM on specific Windows systems (according to beta testers)
Bundled with required PiTool version. Download link below: (same link, new folder PVRHome_Beta_v0.20). Available in compressed RAR and ZIP file:
- Install the included PiTool version (file PiToolSetup_1.0.2.069.exe)
- Open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Go to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ and remove all content inside the folder.
- Copy all content from the \PVRHome folder provided in this RAR file, and paste it into C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\
- In PiTool, go to Settings → General and ENABLE/CHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
Pimax VR Experience should now start in the background and inside your Pimax VR headset.
The log is created every time you exit the application.
So to be able to read the log, exit Pimax VR Experience first, by:
- opening PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Clicking on the Quit button (bottom bar) in the Pimax VR Experience
The log file is called:
The previously created log is (previous instance of the application running):
The program appdata files, user settings file, favorites etc that are used by VR Experience are located in:
User Settings profile:
Game import-data profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Game SETTINGS profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Favorites import-data profiles are located in:
SteamVR Optimization profiles for SteamVR/VivePort/Imported games are located in: