Use PiTool version 126.96.36.1994 Beta (or later). PVRHome beta updates do NOT include PiTool anymore, because its not needed anymore.
Just get latest PiTool 188.8.131.524 here: Pitool 184.108.40.2064 Beta
And simply replace the content of PVRHome folder (read how-to below)
1. Hand Tracking: Automatic detection if UltraLeap/LeapMotion device is connected and driver/runtime is running:
- Automatically disables option to turn on hand tracking if no hardware iis found
- Automatically (real-time) disables hand tracking option if Hardware is disconnected (while PR is running)
- Automatically (real-time) enables hand tracking option if Hardware is connected to HMD (while PR is running)
2. Hand Tracking: 3 new options on “Customize UI” Page:
- Hand Tracking Mode Enable/Disable (only available to change if hardware is connected)
- Show Hands:
Visible = Visible Hands when Hand Tracking is enabled. If Visible is left, it will automatically change to Hidden when Hand Tracking is disabled, and go back to Visible when Hand Tracking is enabled again. (This value can also override and show hands, if you change it when hand tracking is disabled)
Hidden = Hide Hands when Hand Tracking is enabled or disabled. If Hidden is left, it will automatically change to Visible when Hand Tracking is enabled, and go back to Hidden when Hand Tracking is disabled. (This value can also override and hide hands, if you change it when hand tracking is enabled)
Always Visible = (Default Option) Hands always visible, and never changed whenever Hand Tracking is enabled or disabled
Im currenly working on a “Automatic” mode when hands are hidden when close to controllers (when hand tracking is disabled), and controllers are hidden when too close to hands (when hand tracking is enabled).
- Show Hands:
- Hand Models: Chosoe between 2 different hand models in real-time. LoPoly Hands (the same as before) and Capsule Hands (skeleton-like Leap Motion default controllers). More Hand models will be added soon!
3. Save To Profile: Hand Tracking Mode values (enable/disable, show hand option + hand models) saves now to user profile for next launch (dont forget to click Save in Customize UI page, or Quick Customize menu). If hand tracking is saved as enabled, Pimax VR Experience will start with Hand Tracking enabled (And VR controllers disabled) from start upon next launch.
4. A few minor UI bugs fixed and re-written some code in initialization process to make it more reliable.
- Install the PiTool 220.127.116.114 (or later) here: Pitool 18.104.22.1684 Beta
- Open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Go to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ and remove all content inside the folder (dont replace files, its more safe to remove the old files first)
- Copy all content from this ZIP/RAR and paste it into C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\
- In PiTool, go to Settings → General and ENABLE/CHECK “Start Pimax VR Home” to start the Pimax VR Experience
Pimax VR Experience should now start in the background and inside your Pimax VR headset.
The log is created every time you exit the application.
So to be able to read the log, exit Pimax VR Experience first, by:
- open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Click on the Quit button (bottom bar) in the Pimax VR Experience
The log file is called:
The previously created log is (previous instance of the application running):
The program appdata files, user settings file, favorites etc that are used by VR Experience are located in:
User Settings profile:
Game import-data profiles (SteamVR/VivePort/Revive/Imported) are located in:
Game import-data profiles (Oculus games only) are located in (temporary solution):
Game SETTINGS profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Favorites import-data profiles are located in:
SteamVR Optimization profiles for SteamVR/VivePort/Imported games are located in:
Thank you for helping out!
/ Martin, SweViver