Use PiTool version 184.108.40.2064 Beta (or later). PVRHome beta updates do NOT include PiTool anymore, because its not needed anymore.
Just get latest PiTool 220.127.116.114 here: Pitool 18.104.22.1684 Beta
And simply replace the content of PVRHome folder (read how-to below)
1. Bottom Bar New Features: The bottom bar has now a couple of new icons/buttons:
Clicking on Restart / Quit: Fades in a popup bottom-bar below with options:
- Reload App = Reloads PE app (Unity reload scene). Works same as old Restart button
- Restart App = Runs a batch that quits PVRHome AND restarts PiService so PVRHome can be restarted again after a short delay. Once PVRHome is started with PiTool, there is no other way to fully restart PVRHome. Thats why this function simply restarts PiService, so PVRHome also gets restarted.
- Quit App = Quits PE. Works the same as Quit button did before
- Reboot PC = Force immediate Windows reboot (with confirmation popup prompt window with OK button to confirm). PiTool process is killed seperately to avoid PiTool preventing WIndows from rebooting.
2. Important BugFix: DropDown menus extdended in wrong direction and sometimes rendered outside of the main window/canvas. This is now adressed and all dropdown menus should render correctly and inside the main window/canvas.
3. Game Launcher Fix: Shortened the delay before PE quits after starting a SteamVR/Revive/VivePort game to 0.5 seconds, to hopefully prevent SteamVR errors when SteamVR launches too fast and PE is not yet terminated (blocks rendering).
4. Added Recenter-button next to Move-UI button (top banner) that works both with VR controllers and Hands. (The Move UI button is till not working with Hand Tracking hands, but will be fixed later…)
5. Misc: Added “Game Manager” button in bottom view, to quick-jump into listing/editing/deleting games
6. Misc: Added fade-in and fade-out effect on left/right panels/windows when they are shown or hidden, just like the bottom Quit-menu.
- Install the PiTool 22.214.171.1244 (or later) here: Pitool 126.96.36.1994 Beta
- Open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Go to C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\ and remove all content inside the folder.
- Copy all content from this ZIP/RAR and paste it into C:\Program Files\Pimax\PVRHome\
- In PiTool, go to Settings → General and ENABLE/CHECK “Start Pimax VR Home” to start the Pimax VR Experience
Pimax VR Experience should now start in the background and inside your Pimax VR headset.
The log is created every time you exit the application.
So to be able to read the log, exit Pimax VR Experience first, by:
- open PiTool, go to Settings → General and DISABLE/UNCHECK “Start Pimax VR Home”
- Click on the Quit button (bottom bar) in the Pimax VR Experience
The log file is called:
The previously created log is (previous instance of the application running):
The program appdata files, user settings file, favorites etc that are used by VR Experience are located in:
User Settings profile:
Game import-data profiles (SteamVR/VivePort/Revive/Imported) are located in:
Game import-data profiles (Oculus games only) are located in (temporary solution):
Game SETTINGS profiles (SteamVR/Oculus/VivePort/Imported) are located in:
Favorites import-data profiles are located in:
SteamVR Optimization profiles for SteamVR/VivePort/Imported games are located in:
Thank you for helping out!
/ Martin, SweViver