Production Update Discussions Jan 29/2019

Surly if there is only a small amount of 8k units it would make sense to get them done then just concentrate on the bulk 5k+ units without changing things on the production lines ?

4 Likes

DPD are good for Germany to UK, UK to Germany, take 3 days.
Hermes lol takes about 5 days if you are lucky and the tracking is bad.
DHL are slower than DPD Too.

3 Likes

Well, I personally made my worse experiences with DPD always. Not the fastest ones, and if I am not at home, they never try to give the parcel to a neighbour but take it to the next station/office directly - which is on the other side of the town… If DHL doesn’t reach me, they first try to give it to a neighbour, and if that’s not possible, I can get it at the parcel shop within 5 minutes walk :wink:
And: DHL does delivery on Saturday, too, whereas DPD doesn’t…
Last but not least, DHL does have a proper, world-wide tracking. With DPD now, I can track my parcel with DPD (UK) only, whereas the German DPD tracking site doesn’t know the number yet. Welcome in 2018… :wink:

I would feel a bit more comfortable with DHL, even if it might take a day longer. But that’s just my personal experience.

EDIT:
Ok - I just had a look at https://www.dpd.co.uk directly, and entering my tracking number and the postal code said: “Your parcel is due for delivery Wednesday.:grin::blush::hugs:
Perfectly on time for my first vacation day from Thursday onwards :blush: And the best: My wife still has to go to the office that day - so I am more or less completely free to play and play and play… :innocent:
Nevertheless, as they might try to deliver it on Wednesday while I am still at work, I expect to have to go to the parcel shop on Thursday…

Don’t know whether I can sleep the one or two nights from Tuesday to Wednesday and Thursday… :open_mouth::fearful::scream: That’s almost as worse as waiting for the 24th of December when I was a child back then.

:joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I’m not sure about the German phone app, but the UK dpd app allows you too have it redirected to a parcel shop(Parket shop DE) or a neighbour.
Worth checking

1 Like

Unfortunately, Google Play doesn’t allow me to install the UK-version of the DPD app… :roll_eyes:
But I finally was able to find my parcel in the German DPD app. And: There, it is even mentioned to be delivered TOMORROW already :grin::blush:
To be sure, I redirected it to a parcel shop where I am able to take it until 8pm every day. So, as long as it doesn’t get lost on the last kilometers of its way, everything should be safe now.

Never believed I’d get my HMD before Xmas… :slight_smile:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Hi Dallas thanks for the update.
Any progress on ramping up shipping ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

All HMD ship to UK and ship to asia or not, or you ship to asia country directly?

1 Like

My 5K+ should be delivered - according DPD notice - around 1pm :smiley:
Unfortunately I won’t be able to try it before 9pm in the evening… :cry:

2 Likes

Who cares…till damn 32XX thats gonna be like in 2020…They are moving so damn slow.

2 Likes

3201 by the end of this week according to their graphic, then there is shipping…

3 Likes

Not exactly. The produce faster than the can quality check them. I am #1913 and I doubt mine was shipped.

3 Likes

Yes, it appears as if they are producing at a reasonable level (approx. 120-140 per day) but do not manage to ship that many due to QA being slow so the stock is starting to pile. I do hope that the automated display control which was mentioned as being one of their imminent measures they are trying to implement will be functional very soon, because my guess would be that they then could start to have their shipping catch up with their delivery and deplete the stock in favour of more deliveries.

I am planning on taking a couple of days off when my Pimax arrives, but I am still not sure which weather to expect around the time - will it be snowing or already back to 20° C… :joy:

6 Likes

Yea but what if QA results in a 50% failure rate

1 Like

Production plan is OK, but what about QA and shipping?

4 Likes

QA yes, but in my opinion, we should give them some slack about shipping for now, it’s the busiest time of the year for the shipping companies.

3 Likes

They specifically state in that chart their overall yield rate is currently about 84%.

2 Likes

Production rate : shipping rate = 3:1

1 Like

Given the info on the Dec 17th production schedule, I think I made the right choice to have my delivery to my 2nd country as it seems my travels there and production delivery schedule seem to correspond. It has been hard to work out when my delivery number will come up and where I’ll be for work to take delivery.

I bounce between Northern and Southern Hemispheres come the turn of the year, for work purposes. Can’t wait to get the headset though and get back into 3D gaming (proper). Not been a VR adopter yet but was there at the start of 3D acceleration with 3DFX and then tried 3D glasses. Pimax 8K HMD’s seem to be what has gotten my attention for VR gaming and I very much look forward to it.:+1:

1 Like

I agree…but they just ship headset.
It’s not a busy online retail store.
That graph name is wrong anyway and I still think they are very very very very very :turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle: with shipping, could even say :snail:

4 Likes