Production Update Discussions Jan 29/2019

Just don’t use UPS there’s a resen they are called UPS . Upps I fucking dropped it

Cant find it, the search feature on that site is not very friendly and I am not familiar at all with that platform but his username search resulted in a pimax review and other links that did not specifically mention the looking glass in the title. Post a link if you have it handy.

1 Like

@chucksta would be best to ask as that’s how I was introduced. But seems to have potential for earnings like yt.

1 Like

k thanks i’ll reach out

1 Like

Wow! I don’t remember the Leap Motion support! That’s awesome! Add me to the list of people waiting to hear your reviews/opinions!
Thanks!

1 Like

I would second Jayztwocents, top reviews and would be a fair reviewer, also he has an OC’d pc so would get MAX outta those fps!

4 Likes

Hi I find epyx and his VR show entertaining and he’s mentioned the Pimax on many occasions or bluntly also.

2 Likes

There’s enough reviews out already. We’re talking about exposure. 1 million + subscribers not 2000

4 Likes

Fair point on numbers.

2 Likes

Yes,It’s a very serious problem need to be solved.We are handling this right now
Thank you for your suggestion and advice @nukular

2 Likes

why you don’t do strict quality control and testing in the factory itself? Hire some qualified people there, should be much faster and in a direct line with the employees

You sure make it sound so simple… It isn’t. There are a lot of stages to QA for complex devices like these which contain lots of parts that can require careful review and calibration like gyros, optics. backlights, lcd panels, waterproofing and much more. A lot of parts will pass full QA until they get to the next stage. For example heat, and motion can contribute to stuck pixels. (stuck pixels are often very different from dead pixels).

Quality control for these products do happen at the factory but when you get into the assembly stages, testing and calibration stages you ultimately wind up doing time consuming fully assembled tests at the end.

I always find it interesting when people casually say throw more people onto a project or get them “qualified”. How can you qualify somebody on electrical assemblies that didn’t exist before? You can’t… It takes time and lots of repetition.

5 Likes

I know, but i was refering to the double check they do. As i understand it they post the headsets from the factory to some kind of officespace where it accumilates, unpack it–check–repack.Maybe there are less steps necessary , can be more streamlined and time effective…

1 Like

I agree there will be less steps after the process gets more mature. But most likely that will take them a bit because you have to weed out any rework and assembly issues problems along the way.

FYI stuck pixels can often develop even after passing several QA checks. Weeding that sort of thing out is what the early process is all about.

3 Likes

Definitely had that happen before and then they had the gall to charge an “additional handling” fee.

EDIT: Not that the alternatives are much better.

I have also had issues with Fedex when shipping from China. A crate (larger than 1m^2) would bounce back and forth between different China offices for a week before finally shipping… to the wrong country.

DHL isn’t a great option either since they are basically non-existent in the US.

2 Likes

I often get goods from USA for some resen you sell all the best gear for what I won’t. Wheels and parts for my 4x4 truck . Or military backpacks and power tools for my trade . But I insist on them using DPD if they don’t use them I don’t pay .

11 Likes

@anon74848233 Can we get a update on batch 3-5? Any ETA to warehouse and individual shipping?

2 Likes

why is not it producing 8K?

5 Likes

Thank you! @anon74848233