Progress Update Discussion Nov 29/2018

I only pledged for one HMD, and I also have a late backer number. But still IMHO it’s not fair to ship one to every backer first. If somebody pledged a 10-pack before me, he/she should get this pack before me, of course.

So, no! I think your suggestion is not fair. First come, first serve.

3 Likes

Also consider the organisation needed to do this. It would be a mess… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any update on the next batch? That sheet hasnt moved in over a week

1 Like

Backer 212 (EU) here! Headsets arrived at UK yesterday evening.
Waiting for receiving tracking-nr. or suprise arrival…

9 Likes

Same here, can’t wait!

3 Likes
13 Likes

Nice to see there is progress. I am still wondering why you opened the shop for preorders though. I am backer 1913 and I can’t see myself getting this this year. It is simply not happening when watching the output. even if you open up additional assemply lines: Until they are ramped up in production we are looking at chinese new year and we all know that nothing is happening for quite some time once that event starts.

Preorder guys are looking at delivery dates mid 2019 if everything goes really well. You’re going to get a lot of complaints until then.

3 Likes

They had answered why they opened for preorder already. Many times.

1 Like

Hit the nail on the Thoemse. Its a money grab. Anyhow at least preorders get the option to cancel if somthing better gets announced

I know that. I am just mentioning that they probably opened a can of worms. This will get ugly.

Nothing wrong with gauging the demand beforehand so preparations can be done to reduce unnecessary extra wait time.

yeah it could get ugly, and it will be their own fault. I will grab my pitchfork when they screw it up, not before though. They are aiming to finish all kickstarter pledges by end of January next year. Let’s see what happens

When is the next batch going to be shipped? Looks like they have a lot sitting there in the factory.

No pitchforks here. I hope they mange to deliver quickly. On reddit I just saw mathews production and rampup plan. I think it is as usual overly optimistic but it is very detailed and you see very well how they plan to do it. Thanks a lot for that btw!

I agree it looks optimistic, as usual.
I’m going to give pimax the benefit of the doubt and hope they can deliver.

1 Like

@Matthew.Xu The current batch arrived in the UK a few days ago now. How long is it until we receive the second tracking numbers? Many thanks.

5 Likes

We are about to send next batch.Next week we will send out

5 Likes

:champagne: :champagne: :champagne: YEAHHH !!

2 Likes

Which batch do you mean, the batch currently in the UK or a new batch from China because the question was about the batch in the UK which seems to be standing still?

I think he means a new batch from China considering he says “We are” instead of referring to the uk warehouse.

1 Like

Folk need to keep in mind that delivery seems to be running at least a month behind your emails. So if you got “The Choice”, you’ll likely get your headset in no less than 4-6 weeks.
It’s not just production that is having issues.
So the people who got their email on November 20th, may get their headsets by the end of the year, but the rest of us will not! Wah!
Wow, nothing like writing something to make you actually realize it: I just now realized that it won’t do me any good to save up vacation time for my Pimax! Well, that sucks.

2 Likes