RESOLVED: 8KX Tracking problems after inactivity or after hiding HMD 30 sec

I got 8KX before 2-3 weeks. It is working good except after a few minutes inactivity my tracking is wobbling around, as I move head the picture is turning all over the place (too much, and late after my move). Like in a water.

In steam vr and pitool I disabled “pause HMD due to inactivity”.
I think Steam vr beta is a little bit worst, but it is same in normal branch.
Pitool and Steam VR were properly deinstalled after using my 5k+, with deleting all their folders, restart, and then installed again latest pitool for 8KX. Space calibration done in pitool and steamvr booth.
Pitool 1.0.1.268

Why my tracking does not work after a few minutes inactivity? Or sometimes just after 30sec of loosing tracking when I clean my lenses?

I want to ask you guys first , before I go to support.

PS: It is annoying, especially in multiplayer when I need to check house door for a minute, then I loose my game and have to restart steamvr and pitool too.

EDIT: 2x Base stations 1.0, no problems before with 5k+ and older Pitool

2 Likes

I don’t know how to fix it but I had the same problem I have index controllers and usually shutting them off and back on a couple of times fixes or stabilises the picture

2 Likes

Issue resolved!
Just to let you know, I made a ticket, and got a new firmware from support; after flashing I had no more problems.
If somebody suffers from same issue, try to change/update firmware.

1 Like

what version is the firmware they gave you?

1 Like

It is V2.1.255.296, but not regular version, as explained this version have also some diagnostic tools, but wasn’t needed. After flashing I had zero problems.

1 Like