Sillicone sleeve

After seeing the 8KX on CES with a white silicone sleeve I really liked it (I don’t like the new blue housing same as I didn’t like the ‘premium’ blue color of the Vive Pro).

But in the accesoiries section on the Pimax store the names of the colors only feature Grey.

So, is the Grey cover the same as in the SweViver video at CES?

And also, could you like create a contest or lotery for us to have a chance to win one?
Cause it isn’t cheap! :smiley:

1 Like

I would hardly call that color “white”, definitely looks gray to me. That being said, @SweViver can probably confirm for you.

4 Likes

The table is white, the headset appears to be light gray.

1 Like

Personally im not adding anything on the outside of my 8kX that will actively make it hotter by adding another layer of material for heat to transfer through. Just my 2 cents :wink:

5 Likes

That’s a good point, which I had not considered. I was thinking of getting a black cover, to protect the headset and also because I’m not a fan of the blue rubber coating. I may not get it after all.

3 Likes

I remember someone “maybe Sweviver” stating that they had added an internal heatsink for transfering heat. That heat needs to be transfered through the housing so to me a silicone layer is a no-go :slight_smile: I’ll learn to live with the erghh. Bluish tint VivePro like color of it im sure, and hopefully when it arrives and I open the box I will think: Hey it’s not as bad as I initially thought :smiley: (but it’s not black) :rofl:
As long as everything it perfect, I’ll be happy :grin:

1 Like

I’d rather burn my face off than walk around with that blue purple vive pro rip off color of bad taste in colors

3 Likes

That’s another way of prasing it :wink:
is that particular color reminding you of something bad maybe :stuck_out_tongue:
Sorry could not resist, hope you are doing fine :crazy_face:

The silicone sleeve samples I have here are light-grey (gray?) and black. 8KX, while it does have two heat sinks inside, does get hotter than 8k+ on the top, but Ive had no problem with having the sleeve on for hours. I specifically like the grey one with the blue RE housing.

Lottery or contest sounds like a cool idea, I will forward this!

Also I would love to see these sleeves with custom paintings. Imagine a spiderman edition! Sure, pointless but would look quite cool :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

good idea! i want a Sweviver edition Sleeve :grinning:

5 Likes

I can imagine the trademark lawsuits now, too. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, I want an enlarged picture of my eyes on it

2 Likes

Googly eyes are popular… :laughing:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vr+googly+eyes

Amateurs! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Here is your @SweViver edition sleeve :wink:
SweViver%20Protective%20sleeve

4 Likes

Haha Noooooooo but i must say very creative :slight_smile:
The sweviver edition i see the small profile logo signed and with some crazy cartoon, like a vive being shredded or something like that :stuck_out_tongue: