Something isn't right about Meta's Metaverse. (A Warning? )

Kind of creepy I must say

6 Likes

Excellent video. Monopoly companies is a problem for all

3 Likes

Yes, many don’t know but that is how Venture Capitalist eventually take over the companies they help fund. For those companies that depend on seed funding better make good contracts or risk losing ownership sooner or later

1 Like

Thought you might appreciate this.

It’s crazy how Black & White some people are about this topic. Everything has its negatives and positives.

Facebook is starting it and thats crazy, but the fact that they are starting it has already caused other comoanies to start there own.

Then once there are too many to keep track of some sort of consortium will step in and create some kind of standard Api around it that ties them all togethet in a decentrailzed way out of any one conpanies control then the metaverse will be truly here.

I think of it like OpenXR. First there was OpenVr and Oculus then WMR. Bur it was too crazy so they all agreed on making OpenXR.

Same with USB. Prior to USB everyone did their own thing.

HDMI same story.

HTML5 …now even microsoft is compliant. (Never thought i’d see the day)

As for his comment about not having his kids use the internet or tv until they’re 18. Lol good luck with that.

1 Like
6 Likes

I want Chris Roberts to announce the “Verse” just like this.

And yes Star Citizen will probably be a fully realized metaverse by the time its released. Its just missing the VR.