Unofficial 8kX receive order estimation table

This is a community effort to track which 8kX will be sent out in which order and based on that guestimate who might get one next. If you are an 8kX backer, 5k/8k backer who upgraded to an 8kX or someone who preordered an 8kX - feel free to add yourself to the list! And please update your entry once you got your shipping number or finally the HMD. Thanks for your contribution :slight_smile:

Edit: The table moved to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1almnJZpqAYfl-MQlgkuE1t80a-YACDrdO5c4WI2LKAQ/edit?usp=sharing
(Thanks to Castelunan for setting up the more flexible Google Sheets variant and to everybody who contributed to make this shiny!)

13 Likes

I like this idea, but I fear that it could end up getting pretty big, possibly becoming unmanageable in the form of a post. The people who were waiting on their Valve Index kits did something similar to this, but in a Google Sheet instead. Should we move to one of those, maybe?

1 Like

Sure, feel free to make one. 8kX Backers should be 400 max though.

2 Likes

Alright. :+1: I mention because PimaxUSA says we’re looking at a total order number somewhere in the low thousands. While its possible that only a fraction of those will respond, doesn’t hurt to keep it in something like that I suppose

2 Likes

@NoamLoop

Here we go. I think this should work, I think:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1almnJZpqAYfl-MQlgkuE1t80a-YACDrdO5c4WI2LKAQ/edit?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Does work. Added myself.

Also from germany, let’s see who gets it first. :wink:

1 Like

How would you consider a non-X backer who purchased an ‘upgrade’ plan?

1 Like

Good question - perhaps we should add an upgrade-date column? No clue whether the upgrade date or the original backer number will be relevant… Will do, 1 mom. Done.

2 Likes

Thanks! Removed the table here.

1 Like

If i recall correctly they will ship all backers first, then upgrade people, then normal buyers.
So a separate table tagged to the bottom for upgrade users might be best.

EDIT:
But i doubt original backer number is relevant. At that point time of purchase is probably what matters.

2 Likes

People don’t seem to keep an order anyways, think people can first enter their lines and we can reorder them later :slight_smile:

For original 8k X backers I would assume backer number still matters?

1 Like

Don’t worry.just wait for some google docs wizards will probably make a sorting function.

For 8kx backers it probably is backer number + some country variations if they still ship like before to countries in batches.

2 Likes

Could be! We’ll find out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weeee! A new Backer Tracker! :clap: :clap: We had one of these when the original Pimax’s were being released, that was fun! :crazy_face: :exploding_head:
@Castelunan: Thanks for setting this up!

7 Likes

I would suggest adding a ‘notified’ column. Useful for pointing out the people who had significant shipping delays.

2 Likes

I just noticed this in my https://backer.pimaxvr.com/my/orders page - Does it mean it’s shipped? Should we add an “OUT” column to the sheet?

2 Likes

I got a message from fedex today indicating a package would be 3kg from Pimax. Would this be more likely to be controllers + base stations that I requested a plan E (to come from France, but this package is direct from China) or the plan A upgrade that I ordered very late (April)?!

1 Like

Still waiting for that email.

1 Like

Mine has said that since Nov 2019. So I’d assume no.

4 Likes