Will the new pitool or firmware be released before long Chinese holiday?

I am checking Pimax website everyday to see if new software is up. but no news so far.

Will new firmware or pitool (even beta version) for 8KX be uploaded before the two weeks long Chinese holiday in Sep.??

3 Likes

Hello,

The latest version is at final preparation, we ran several internal inspections to find out the bugs.
We managed to figure out the solutions and few more steps before publish it online.

It will definitely release before the long Chinese Holiday in October.

Regards.

5 Likes

Will this fix the micro blackouts in 90Hz mode? It is what I am suffering the most now but I cannot go back to 75hz. The fluidity of movements is remarkable with 90Hz.

2 Likes

Hello,

You can seek advice from our tech support, the 90hz blackout issue is occasionally?
The technician might able to help to re-flash the firmware and configure your headset to allow it run in 90hz mode.

So far from the reports, we didn’t meet any blackout issue in 90hz. Your case might be different.

Regards.

3 Likes

Well, I have this problem only with 90Hz, while I play there are micro blackouts on the screens that at first I thought it was me blinking my eyes unconsciously, but it is more noticeable when together with the micro blackouts “artifacts” appear, that would not be very annoying if sometimes one of the screens remains permanent as I show in the image below. And curiously, it is solved by restarting the HMD and the Pitool services. No touching or unplugging DP or USB cables. I have also tested on all the PC USB 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.1 (Black / blue / red) and even on a USB 3.0 PCIe controller with additional direct power to the power supply. And also in the 3 available DP ports of my RTX3090. There are no variations, it has the same behavior but if I change to 75Hz there is no problem. I’m testing all this with the latest Pitool V1.0.1.271 and firmware V2.1.255.298 the latest version (P2_8KX_M298_EngineerTest.dfu) and the source cable “copper”.

1 Like

I have these blackouts too and some other users too on 90hz

2 Likes

I just tried various combinations of firmware / Pitool / Nvidia drivers and this is what happens to me:

Nvidia driver: 471.41-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql
8kx Firmware: P2_8KX_M298_EngineerTest.dfu
Pitool: PiToolSetup_1.0.1.271
Blackouts and artifacts as shown above

Nvidia driver: 461.33-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf
8kx Firmware: P2_8KX_M298_EngineerTest.dfu
Blackouts and artifacts, same situation

8kx Firmware: P2_RELEASE_8KX_90HZ_Beta.dfu
The screens do not turn on, they almost do it but in 2 seconds they turn off, they do not stay on.

8kx Firmware: P2_RELEASE_8KX_90HZ_Beta.dfu
Pitool: PiToolSetup_1.0.1.270-20210322
Working perfectly without blackouts, it was the initial situation of March. No compatibility with new nvidia drives but no blackouts or artifacts.

Here I stay, for now. I see work on newer firmware / Pitool to fit newer Nvidia drives higher than 461.33 still have stability issues.
That is why I asked @PimaxQuorra if they would solve these problems with that more refined Firmware that they are about to release. I do not believe that they are not aware of the blackouts and that they are for other reasons.

3 Likes

I can confirm what he tried,

it works for me too with the last setup!